thoughts on the silvia HPI RTR drift car

Any thoughts on these cars is
    Nitro Drifter On L Plates

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    is it an E10 chassis?

If it is... they're only good for holding shells off the ground.

If you're actually planning on running the thing, get something better...
    Tamiya TT01 is usually best choice at that pricerange.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TT01 are a good entry level car and very strong (i have heard of people running them over and surviving it) also can cop a fair hit at 80 km and still drive it back

If you went that way get a bearing kit and alloy shaft this will mkae run time and EVERYTHING better..... and you can put and body you want on it really

And if you wanted to go a bit futher a 5.5 turn brushless system is great for drifting but some people recommend the 9 turn but each to there own

Cheers brad
    |Rovan Baja 26cc| |GV CAGE BRUSHLESS 4/5 Cells|
    |Align Trex 250| |Bell47 Army Heli| |Blade MCX| |Skyartic Cessna 182 Bushlesss|
    |All Filmed by Cannon Legria FS36| |Photos by Cannon IXUS 8015 Digi Cam 8.0 megapixels|

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Newbie
    sorry should of said nitro not electric

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer View Post
    is it an E10 chassis?

If it is... they're only good for holding shells off the ground.

If you're actually planning on running the thing, get something better...
    Tamiya TT01 is usually best choice at that pricerange.

Senior Moderator
    HPIs nitro drifter would be based on their Nitro RS4 3evo which is about 5-6yrs old now.

It's a solid design & runs well, but nitro is heaps harder to drift with than electric. Also due to noise limits where/when u can play in suburbia.

R/C Newbie
    wow. what happened to the drifting sub forum. 2010 was the last real posts...

Senior Moderator
    It comes & goes; regular turnover of suspects.

Them younger kiddies might not be into yapping on forums these days, preferring narcistic bookface ways of posting selfpics of themselves...

Hi all,
    Long time since I've done any RC and been on AUSRC, and a about to get back into it non competitively...

I was too looking at the HPI RS4 3evo myself just for giggles and funzies, and I am glad this thread exists...
    It goes to show (a) I am getting old (b) there's interest in drift - albeit a little.

Regarding the car, I know parts are kind of everywhere, as most LHS's not only stock the car but also the parts....
    Engine wise, I myself aint too fussed, as I know it can be tuned, and there's many other high port engines available, but i'm not sure on mount configs.
    I've seen a few vids of 1/10 nitro drifting on youtube, and boy are some of them running too lean.. I had to stop watching some of them as I was sure that the person who posted the vid was not going to be posting too many more vids with a tune up like that

anyway, hi, hi and glad to see this thread !
    * No broom broom @ the moment =8'^(