Australian RC Forums banner

Attention Sydney Bashers & Racers.

5K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  MONAROMAN 
#1 ·
This snipet was taken from www.rubeduderc.com

Please respond & make comment in the dedicated forum linkon www.rubeduderc.com

Bass Hill..........

Today Wednesday November 01 we have had a significant meeting at the original Bass Hill BMX track Bash grounds with Sean Mooney from Bankstown Council Asset and Open space Planning section to discuss further the proposal for the creation of a properly organised bash track for RC enthusiasts at the location. As most would know our regular brother always present at the track GUMBY aka Simon Mansfield started the ball rolling some time last year when he originally approached council to see if we could get a track happening as we often get 40 plus enthusisasts on any given good sunday and a number there on saturdays as well.

The meeting today was very positive and whilst a track at our original stomping ground at this stage doesnt look promising due to prior planning and zoning orders in council right now we have been offered two alternatives of which one is extremely promising but further north of Henry Lawson Drive near Luanna Park.

This place is quite large has existing retaining walls and available access water and power and even a tabletop already there, the potential is awesome, however we have much work to do and if this is to be an eventuality we have to do it right and get serious otherwise there is no point. Council will only engage once we have the following!

1. Confirmed the one of the two options provided as the location chosen
2. Have selected or created a committee and an association i.e. Club Name and representative entity

Once we have done this we get to the hard work and I will prepare more on this very shortly but if we pull the proverbial finger out it is not out of reality that we can establish a track within 4 - 6 months. At this stage all on this site who are regulasr and as discussed with the attendees of todays meeting are requested to contact others you know and spread the word, I urge you for the time being to get them to check regularly on the site for details as we plan to hold a general meeting with as many regulars as possible in a week or two to discuss the work needed and organise ourselves.

The meeting will be held at Bass Hill BMX track and I want as many to make it on the day to be announced if youre real be real and get there on the day!!

Also note this Sunday I will post pictures and Movie links of the proposed locations for you to look at!! NOW RIGHT NOW anyone that is a regular I urge to start tonight and post on every forum that you know our Bass Hill regulars hang out and lead them right here also please PM me with Name Phone and email details thats everyone !!

Thanks brothers and let get it on!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Good work...
Sounds like a good plan probably best to have the meeting on a weekend day and maybe after the meeting we could visit the proposed area for the track..?

Cheers Andy

#6 ·
Geez guys... i take a small holidays and you guys are trying to rule the world..
well Bass hill anyways. Count me in. Every committee needs a Joker. I vote for myself here. lol

#8 ·
I think I should be considered for the committee because ive proven how dedicated Iam to the cause by showing up at basshill every weekend...lol

My research tells me that the proposed track in question started off as a Rc track originally, after it not being used for sometime it was turned into a BMX/cycle track, which is now also dissused..!

Carnt wait to get stuck into getting it built up..!

Cheers Andy

#9 ·
AndyM said:
My research tells me that the proposed track in question started off as a Rc track originally, after it not being used for sometime it was turned into a BMX/cycle track, which is now also dissused..!

Your research is inaccurate you Dirty Pom.

#10 ·
What kind of track are we proposing? I dont know about everyone else
but Id rather have something similar to what we have now - an RC PARK.
we could certainly set it out like a track, but focusing more on
recreational use than competition (which gets a bit too gritty at
times). We could certainly set it up to do both, but I think building a
competitive track is a waste of time given how close the liverpool
track is.

#11 ·
twizm said:
What kind of track are we proposing? I dont know about everyone else but Id rather have something similar to what we have now - an RC PARK. we could certainly set it out like a track, but focusing more on recreational use than competition (which gets a bit too gritty at times). We could certainly set it up to do both, but I think building a competitive track is a waste of time given how close the liverpool track is.

This track will be recreational, it will have a track element that will cater for MT's & Buggies - Big Jumps, wide corners etc. Liverpool has been designed just for buggies.

No Transponders, no lap counters. If you want to race, it will be friendly competition. We have talked about a freestyle section & it will be an important part, cause I like the big jumps. Down the track we will even be looking into getting an area set up for truck pulls & mud bashs.

I didn't set out with the intention for this to be about racing, we want somewhere we can go & have a BBq with the family, break our trucks & have a good time.

Bass Hill but organised.

#12 ·
definitely sounds like we all want the same thing.

I was thinking we could set it up similar to a go-kart track - Lay the
track down with multiple circuits possible, and if we have a competitve
race day, we can simply block/open certain parts. This way you can have
a big air circuit set up on the in field, with a tight, race oriented
track for buggies, and a RC-X kind of set up where its a big jump
circuit with tight corners and so on.

I even like the idea that BMX tracks use - having a track but not a
circuit. a seperate start and finish point, similar to hoxton park.
that way it can be used recreationally and if the need arises we can
still have 'races' similar to authentic MT races, from A to B over the
cars, through the mud and through the flaming loop over the finish
line...

#13 ·
yep for sure ...where we are now is soooo freindly and everyone trys to help each other ...

freindly racing is the way to go ...with the big jump fun

cant wait for sunday ...ill have the lst2 and the buggy running

also cant wait for this new place to get started ....i would go on the committee but we need some indians as well as some chiefs.

so ill be a indian

#14 ·
Go to Rube's site & put all your ideas in the Topic dedicated to this new track, the more help & support the easier it will be to make it a reality.

#15 ·
Gumby190 said:
AndyM said:

Your research is inaccurate you Dirty Pom.

I thought id better retract that last comment as it was not very flattering..
Edited by: AndyM

#27 ·
It's okay mate, they just pulling your leg..........lol.

A lot bashing happening atm, you must've read them. Bashing in Castle Hills, Tempe, Bass Hill and in other states. So yeah you and your mate have been missing a lot:eek:

:lock1:

#30 · (Edited)
Are you sure:D:D

Oh I do agree with MM too. You try to ask some question from as old thread and they'll judge you. If you ask questions that been ask before, they'll tell you to use the SEARCH function. So just start a new thread coz eventually a nice person will reply. Some ppl forget that they once one like you/me:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.