Australian RC Forums banner

Zipp Kits Easy V

9K views 58 replies 6 participants last post by  The Ghost 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Will start a build thread of the Easy V, Picked it up yesterday, less than half price.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

See less See more
#36 ·
Thanks mouse. Yes the blue tape is covering the intake, OEM carby has been rebuilt and is not being used, I will run on methanol/oil mix, I am still waiting on a carby to arrive.
Now the engine and shaft setup is done, I can now start on the deck.

Cheers
Andrew

#47 ·
Hi All,
Could not source a shaft stub, Made my own up, aligned with flex and brazed together, fitted bearings and installed in boat.
Still have another week before I hope to be cleared to get back to the rubbing out and polishing of the hull.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

#56 ·
Hi All
Got the buff out and started to attack the hull. Pic 1, Safety Gear, Pic 2, part way done, Pic 3, deck done. with the cut and buff, will do final polish after the whole hull is done with the first cut.
If the weather holds should have the polishing done this week.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

#59 ·
Hi All,
As my health is almost back to normal, for me anyways, got out today with the buff and hit the hull. It came up great, but with the overcast dark sky the pics don't quit show it. Washed of all the compound, now will leave it a few days before the hand polish comes out. Will feel it tomorrow, but at least I can just rest.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.