Australian RC Forums banner

O&R 3/4HP powered Hydroplane

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Brainlessesc2 
#1 ·
Hi All,
After may years of looking, I finally got an engine for a project I have been wanting to re build. Helped my dad build one in the mid 70's.
The last photo is just some of the green junk that came out of the carby, the filter screen was totally blocked with this stuff. Took a couple of hours to clean it out and get it running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBh3C_dXfc

Cheers
Andrew

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Hi All,
I am having problems tracking down the marine ply in the required thickness, found one supplier but the cost of freight was 4 times the cost of the ply. I have picked up a Zippkits Easy Vee still in the box, very cheep. May use this for the engine yet. What does every one think.

Cheers
Andrew

#12 · (Edited)
That build thread hurted my head...... lol

Very nice indeed!

What is the displacement?

There was a guy that used to come to the vintage tractor rally / show, build a 1/18? I think heart part using an a/c twin cylinder compressor from an older Falcon.

He used Victor lawnmower cams runnings exposed pushrods and was water cooled.

Don't have any digital footage of it though.

I've wanted to build a flame gulper/eater/licker ever since I was a V4 one on YouTube...

#13 ·
Thank you, Don't know the size, 30mm bore X 35mm stroke, never bothered with the displacement, just something to keep the brain ticking over. Looking at doing a single water cooled with a bore of 30mm and stroke of 60mm, slow chugger.

Cheers
Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.