Australian RC Forums banner

Dad & Daughter in Perth

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Brainlessesc2 
#1 ·
Hi ... I'm Gaz, ably assisted by my daughter Alice.

We live in the Southern suburbs of Perth.

We have just bought a Traxxas Rustler Courtney Force XL-5 to learn with, which hopefully will give Alice the bug and get her to try racing.

We bought a package with 2 batteries with the intention of using one each when we go out, but up to now I have had around 3 minutes on it and Alice has used the rest! At least it seems she is getting into it, so I suppose every cloud has a silver lining.

We also bought a HBX Ratchet as a toy for me to mess around with up at work (I work away from home) which is a great little car (but a little brittle at the front end).

Alice has been window shopping for her first racing car. She loves the BSD Short Course Truck that they have at our local hobby shop. Its $350 for the brushless version, which is cheaper than upgrading our Rustler to brushless, but its only 2wd so I cant really see the advantage of getting one for her to enter amateur races with as I reckon the Rustler 2wd we already have will be just as good a tool for her to learn with.

My previous rc was a Tamiya Blackfoot in around 1987, before that a Tamiya Hornet in the early 1980's and before that an original Tamiya Wild Willy in the even-earlier 1980's lol

Thats all from me ... have a good'un!

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't know what the std. Rustler is like but mine with 4300kv brushless on 2s is nuts. Even with 3.8" louies MT uphill tyres,

Got a 2400kv coming hopefully it'll calm it down a bit. :)

Other than that they are a pretty good unit for beginner , or just a play , 'bash' like I do.

Welcome to the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.