Australian RC Forums banner

rc rally friendly comp

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Johny wutang 
#1 ·
Hey guys ive been running a friendly rally comp with my mate in the northern suburbs of radelaide. We've been timing each run with the latest technology which is one eye shut and using a stop watch on the phone and hitting stop when the nose passes the edge of the phone. Not the best timing system but its pretty close. We run 5 laps each way and add up overall time over 10 rounds. Just thought I'd share the results so far and see what people think. Will post some pics of the track when i update next round. I dont race the exo terra in the photo it just happened to be there when i took the shot. If anyone would like to join in feel free to post here

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Here's the results from round 5 and a picky of my df-o3ra with the lancia body of my xv-01. I redid the score sheet and pulled my xv-01off the sheet due to needing some parts but I plan to run it in the next championship. I did a fast left circuit but found myself off the track and bottomed out in the right run which cost me alot of seconds but I guess thats rally hey thats what I like about it. NOTE we ran r5 between 7:45 to 8:30pm and the right run was getting pretty dark. Wont be racing this time again without some sort of lighting

Attachments

#6 ·
Yeah it is a good match up. I thought I would be a few seconds behind each round considering the losi rally10x is based on the scte platform but the track is pretty tight with only a couple of spots to open it right up. I am still surprised how well these 1/10 tamiya cars go off road with a bit of tweaking. There is a fair size difference between a rally10x and a 1/10 touring plattform

#7 ·
We've run a couple more rounds and these are the standings so far. Ive managed to come in to some consistency and have clawed my way back to a second behind. Wont be another round for a couple of weeks due to gear box failure in the df03ra and luke has been nice enough to give me the time to fix. Cant wait to get back on the track this has been an epic battle

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.