Australian RC Forums banner

Hsp tyrannosaurus 2 speed box & other mods!! Guidance please!!

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Helpme985 
#1 ·
Hey RC community, I've just bought a hsp tyrannosaurus 1/10 nitro truck off the net and was seeing if anyone here has Done the 2 speed gearbox conversion in one?
Will the 2 speed give me more top speed as well?
Also what other mods are good to do on that truck?
Any advice would be good since I am a RC noob thanks.

#2 ·
Hey mate. I had one of these. A 2 speed gearbox could be done as the buggy with the 2 speed uses the same chassis. You would need to buy the complete gearbox and the 2 speed bell clutch. But there might be a reason they don't come with them. Perhaps they don't handle the extra weight well? I'm sure it's cheap enough to do and easily reversed.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply, yeah I've found those 2 parts online, though the 2 speed transmission only comes with plastic gears�� so that sucks. Did you have anything done to your one while you had it?
Just trying to relive my childhood I remember having a tmax with 2 speed and being alot of fun drifting in the dirt then it change gear and drift some more haha ����

#4 ·
I found the plastic gears are fine mostly. The first gear that runs off the clutch bell gear I changed to the metal version. I think the rest stay plastic. I think in standard form that gear is now metal anyway. I changed the front swing arms and the bracket under the diff to the alloy versions as the plastic ones rip off at the pin in a high speed crash. I found the pull starts keep breaking. And I upgraded the steering servo saver bits to alloy as the plastic starts to bend and stress then the steering doesn't respond properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.