Australian RC Forums banner

1/10 scratch built Holden HX Overlander Panel Van

18K views 69 replies 9 participants last post by  Kevb 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all...!
New to this forum, but I thought I might share my current build... It's a Holden HX Sandman Overlander Panel Van on a somewhat modified TF2 chassis. It's still a work in progress although it's about 80% done.

Here's some pics after I did the front indicator assembly, currently working on the rear bumpers now...below is a link to the build thread...been working on it since early 2014 lol! Hope this is allowed!

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76901

See less See more
#59 ·
Thanks mouse! Yep larger profile but on the same rims...so it should fill out the wheel arches a bit more as well as raise the overall ride height.

Just now attached the roof and started to put on the side molding pieces that has the drainage thingy on it...lol... Will try to post up some pics tomorrow night...gonna crash now as its 1:00 am over here...

#60 ·
Hey guys, got the roof attached....working on getting the side moldings installed....wasn't gonna post till it was completed....
BUT the pulley kit came in tonight....!!

I assembled it and just had to share it! ...looks pretty sweet! The pulleys do spin, but on bushings...:(. Don't think it was designed for bearings, which would have been awesome...
Got lotsa room for a fan as well!

Anywho.....some pics....Watcha think?

#62 ·
Hey guys... After 4 long weeks, the polyester putty finally arrived couple nights ago... so....an update!

Getting there with the roof...got the side moldings done and installed the drip rails...tidied it up some...also got the tailgate frame sorted and also installed the drip rail there...gonna shoot some primer on the roof tonight, if I can get it done early enough, I might be able to do some wet sanding to find the high and low spots. I'm hoping it will require spot putty only and not more filler...ha! But if it does, well another couple of days...gonna have to figure out how I'm masking off the rear interior before priming as well...

Anywho....some pics..

#63 ·
I also managed to get the steering sorted...seems to work okay..hopefully it will clear the engine and pulleys okay...will know for sure when I get the engine back...
Got the battery / electronics bay sorted...I may have to trim the lower back portion a bit so that its angled down. I didn't take any pics of it, but thought it looked too 'boxy' ...

#66 ·
I also managed to get the steering sorted...seems to work okay..hopefully it will clear the engine and pulleys okay...will know for sure when I get the engine back...
Got the battery / electronics bay sorted...I may have to trim the lower back portion a bit so that its angled down. I didn't take any pics of it, but thought it looked too 'boxy' ...
That is an interesting looking chassis, is that a scratch build also?

Looking good with one color on the body, even if it is under coat.

#65 ·
Here's another update...

I did manage to get the interior masked off and the roof primed last night.....however, it's gonna need more filler work..there are some areas that spot putty will fix, but some major areas that need work or it will show up with paint....

Anywho some progress pics....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.