Australian RC Forums banner

Advice on Upgrading Helicopter

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  old4570 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum.

I have recently purchased a Twister 400 Sport V2 and over the past 4 weeks flown it pretty much every day. I can now hover tail in, nose in and side on and fly forwards, backwards and sideways as well as a big circuit and back in to my feet so i would not say expert but feeling more confident.

I looked at the Horizon Blade 200 and it looked similar to the Twister. The Blade 400 looks great but the chap in the hobby shop warned me they rate extremely difficult to fly and far more difficult than the Twister.

Im hoping for advice on my next step (Prefer Electric) I guess with an ultimate goal to be able to fly 3D.

I come from a fixed wing R/C aerobatic background of around 25 years. Loving the Heli challenge.

Many many thanks to all in advance.

Best Regards

Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Steve ,

BIGGER is better !!! more $$$ , but lots easier to fly.....

The Tingalpa club is holding a heli fun fly day this Sunday , in the Minippi Parklands off Wynnum Rd, could be a good place to have a look ; I don't like the club , but should be a few decent helis there ...

I recommend the 500 size helis as the best all round machine, fly like a bigger heli , pretty good to see , and parts aren't too badly priced...

Where abouts in Brissy are you , we have a couple of flying sites there ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.