Australian RC Forums banner

Help identify this chassis

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  GTOJOE 
#1 ·
I got this in a box of stuff. I was told it was a HSP Kidking but it is not. The previous owner fitted a MambaMicro Pro ESC and 4100kv brushless but despite him saying the car worked it did not. He had glued the rear diff as it was slipping because he didn't know it was a ball diff and could be tightened with an allen key. He made such a mess of it that it went all over the spur and then chewed the pinion out. Plus he removed the front diff and since lost the front pinion and shaft bearing. So If I can work out what it is I'll fix it. Otherwise strip it and bin it.

All the screws appear to be allen head so definitely not a HSP. Plus none of the HSP units use ball diffs.

See less See more
#5 ·
I can't seem to work out what version of the RC18 it is. I've downloaded all the manuals and it doesn't match any of them. But the diff does look the same as most of them. I'll try to source them locally. Otherwise i'll have to take a gamble and order from the states. Atleast it's cheap. About $10 per diff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.