Australian RC Forums banner

Liquid masking film.

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  zoomer 
#1 ·
Was just wondering if & what liquid masking film any of you guys may be using? Id be applying the liquid mask with an airbrush & I've heard that the Bob Dively stuffs apparently ok but I can't seem to find anyone in Australia that sells it. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
I have been using the Parma FastMask, seems a little cheaper than others & I was able to get it on Ebay for a good price, done 3 bodies with it & still have a little left in the smaller bottle. I just paint it on with a small paint brush though so don't know how it would go with an air brush, its reasonably thick but being water based you could probably thin it out & spray it on.
From what I've seen the Bitty Design liquid mask is probably the best around, there's a few video's getting around showing how it works & instructions, might be worth looking at them.

#3 ·
Don't bother with airbrush. You want to lay it on thick, and buildup several coats otherwise it's PITA trying to peel too-thin layers off in 1 piece. I just pour a puddle into shell then distribute with a big paintbrush.

If you're doing several bodies at once then yeah you might want to spray. Know someone who does it with a spraygun powered by shop aircompressor; the gun is type used for underbody sealant.

You can buy latex mask from art supply shops. If you want large quantities try a paint trade supplier... it's also used as a foundation for "temporary coatings".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.