Australian RC Forums banner

Radio that can bind with multiple receivers?

7K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  zoomer 
#1 ·
I am tempted to buy a Spektrum DX4C as it can bind with multiple receivers without having to bind manually each time. I have about 8 rc units and 4 of them I could use the same remote for. Drifter, crawler, sct and boat. Is there any other transmitters around that can also do this? The Spektrum receivers are expensive. Currently I have a shelf full of FlySky GT2's.

Cheers,

Joe

#3 ·
yes the latemodel Spektrums with model memory let you bind unique RXes to each memory slot. So you can have several vehicles all on at once, switch between memories and only the selected model will react :)

DX4 series use DSMR which is different to DSM(1) or DSM2. There's also rumour that these new series won't talk to clone RXes, but are still supposedly backward compatible to genuine DSM/DSM2. Dunno, haven't specifically tried it myself yet.

I'm still sticking to DX3 series. Works fine for me, no reason to change. :D

New sharkfin antenna is nice but the old design has survived so far.

#5 ·
yeah all the clones are DSM2 afaik... won't work with my earliest DSM1 transmitters

as for HK's OrangeRX... bought 2, one went up in smoke & flash of light... grrr
There's also another clone pretty darned identical to SR3100, either in original colours or "BlueMX" in an orange case... got several lots of these, all still going strong no casualties so far. These are full/original size, the OrangeRX might have copied a micro smaller unit? Dunno

I CBF'd buying a DX4 to try haha.

Haven't seen any clones for DSMR nor DSM1.

DX3s are still commanding crazy high resale prices for the wornout bashed up pieces of crapola ppl are offloading today...

#6 ·
The DX4S with firmware update will not work with clone (Orange RX) ones... It did work before i updated the firmware....

#7 ·
It seems the FlySky GT3B will do what I want anyway and the FS RX is very cheap and already in most of my cars. Tzieorld rc sell a gt3b that has been modified so it's more power efficient and gas a firmware update done to it to add more channels all for $95 with an RX. So going to go down that route. The only real difference us only the rx you want to control can be on otherwise any that are on and paired will slso operate at the same time. Not an issue for me.

#8 ·
I've always been a Spektrum user and i'm running the 4 channel rx's in 2 of my R/C's which both have 1 winch each and L.E.D Spot lights..Does the job and never had any issues..

#9 ·
I would love to buy the dx4 but I can't justify the cost when the FS will do what I want for cheaper and with much cheaper receivers. You can buy a stock fs-gt3b for about $65. The moded one though has improved battery life and adds 3 more channels. Well worth it I recon.

#11 ·
Yeah I was tempted to try a FS too... just before the clone RXes appeared :)

But since we could now get DSM2 RXes dirt cheap, I expanded on DX3s instead... bought a DX3Rpro 'cos my DX3R ran outta memories :) and added a DX3E for guest/holiday use. Still got a DX3S since new & it's never missed a beat.

Now with RXes in every runner, just a simple rebind will get anything moving :D

Only other radio that catches eye is the KO KX1... but heck I ain't paying KO prices for a bunch of RXes. I can afford to wait a few years before adding one for collection, if only to fill out the KO collection of past 30+ yrs ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.