Australian RC Forums banner

Firestorm Brushed, slow to start, am i doing something wrong?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RoBB 
#1 ·
Hi all

my friend and I have only just started in the hobby, he went the rustler I went the firestorm
just after some advice regarding my rig as it seems off.. compared to the rustler
I have hpi firestorm brushed

the firestorm seem VERY sedate to drive in comparison to the rustler but I don't know why, I thought it must be the battery so I got the bigger one (8.4volt 3300) but that didn't really help
can anyone shed some light on what may be the cause?

the firestorm is aggressive(ish) in reverse, but it seems to take a good 1-2 seconds to "wind up" when going forward, does very little wheel spin and in general seems sedate forward compared to the rustler XL

thanks in advance (hopelessly lost MGx)

#2 ·
There is a big difference between the power of a brushed Firestorm and a brushless VXL rustler. If you're looking for a bit more power you can upgrade to a brushless system which starts at around $100. Even the Castle Sidewinder SCT system goes for around $120 ish for memory.

#4 ·
the rustler xl is brushed

MGx i would look into brushless and lipo as sandman suggested, you won't regret it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.