Australian RC Forums banner

Sprint Cat

9K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  Matt Revilo 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Have a new boat for the fleet. It's an Aeromarine Sprint Cat, will be powered with a RCMK K30S with a Walbro 1048 carb and a CC Racing 1" Stainless exhaust, have the engine, shaft and the exhaust sorted, should have the Hysol to fix the shaft tubing on Monday.
I also picked up a new radio to replace my speky stuff.

Cheers

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good. It's about a meter long by my estimations. ?

I've wanted to build a boat, but no idea what style. Only a vague idea of size, based around a whipper snipper engine, simply for convenience of parts and fuel.

Plus it may just be big enough to stir up the water Of the folks dam to curb the growth of blue green algae.

And at an outside chance may have just enough power to tow me up the river in a tube, even if it's at a very leisurely pace ;-D ;-p

#7 ·
Thank Jim.
Got a lot done today, the shaft tube is in, had to cut the radio box down(came with another hull), fitted all the gear, set every thing up, now to mount the radio box and finish off.
Paint ??? Any ideas

Cheers

Attachments

#11 ·
Thank mouse,
When one is retired you have all day to work n them, the fuel bags should be here this week, paid express postage. Paint I still don't know about, will try to talk my nephew in to painting for me but with his health problems at the moment he may not be able too.
I will have it on the water the day after the fuel bags, weather permitting

Cheers

#12 ·
Hi All,
Run the engine with an aux tank just to check the installation. The banjo clamp supplied with the tuned pipe for the adjustable stinger failed. Had to make up an adaptor to fit a proper clamp setup, just something to watch on these pipes.
Still waiting on the fuel bags:(

Cheers

Attachments

#14 ·
Hi All,
With the windy weather I have been having here, I broke out the paints and splashed some colour on the hull, also tried out some lazer bling on the cowl. Need a spray gun with a larger nozzle,(2.5mm, mine only has a 1.4mm) Sprayed some red/blue bling on the sides.
Hope the weather improves next week.

Cheers

Attachments

#20 ·
Nice one Andrew. :)

#21 ·
Hi All,
Had the boat down a couple of times to run
, would not run more that about 1 min. Rebuilt the carby twice and still had problems. The gasket between the cyl and insulator moved and was blocking off the pulse line. Ordered new gaskets as well as other parts for other things last Friday 20th, still has not arrived contacted the sender and they got back to me that Aust post can't find it, somewhere between Vic and NSW
, on the tracking site of Aust Post it shows that it was accepted by them on the 20th. All I can do is wait.

Cheers

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.