Australian RC Forums banner

RC Truck Selection

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Vital-Blurs 
#1 ·
Hi All

I am new in RC world, I want to buy a RC truck and I don't know the abc for this, then I visit couple of shops in Darwin but fail to get anything, then I see Kyosho RC-DMT Monster 4X4 Truck in one shop and check its review and finally decide to get one.

Yesterday on Boxing day shop salesman tell me that this truck don't have battery or charger in the box and you have to purchase new one ok, but they don't have any battery and charger in their stock and will come after two months. then I questioned them what is the other option you have for me and they said you can buy Stampede VXL it is 4X4 but when I unpack it at home and study the manual then shocked it is not 4x4 it is 2WD only and have very slow charger which is very slow and still charging battery from last 12 hours and have 2.5 Ghz RC controller.

Now what I need is (Rapid Charger, LIPO Battery) after this still i have 2WD truck.
I want your suggestions either I will return Stampede and take Kyosho and purchase battery and rapid charger from any online store or start with stampede. They are saying kyosho don't have 2.5 Ghz and have antenna with radio controller.

If there is any other good model please suggest

Also suggest best online store to purchase accessories like charger and batteries

Suggestions required

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd take the 2WD Stampede back to the store before you get it dirty. I don't know anything about Kyosho Monster Trucks but I know Kyosho are a pretty good brand generally. If you do go the Kyosho, you can always grab a cheap 2.4GHz radio like a Flysky GT3-C (about $50) or go all the way with Spektrum or Futaba etc.

For batteries and chargers, I'd go to HobbyKing.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.