Australian RC Forums banner

Tamiya xv-01

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  crisis time 
#1 ·
Got the xv-01 kit the other day and thought id post a few photos of the build. It's not an indepth build thread if you want that mr google will show you plenty . It's just a few photos to get the jist of it. Firstly awesome kit to build. Tamiya really did their homework and the whole chassis went together without a hitch except for philips head scews (I hate them) anyway i put an old hobbywing 9t combo in that has been in a few buggies over the years I reckon it will go alright. Im up to the body it's a lancia delta integrale im just masking up the windows getting ready to paint .

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Yeah should be awesome on the track. My mates got a 1/8 carisma rothmans porsche rally car and it looks so good going sideways through the sweeper with dust pouring out the back of it. Heres a few pickies of the track (really hard to get a good shot of the whole thing) anyway its in good condition at the moment a little bit rutty in some parts but nothing to worry about. I mowed it out 2 mower widths and raced on it heaps and its slowly compacted and smoothed out to about 3 mower widths. Not bad for a track on the median strip out the front of my house. Its been there nearly 2 years and council haven't said a thing.

Attachments

#8 ·
Finally got the car built and ran a couple of packs through it and have to say this car is very impressive. The belt drive system is so smooth you can hardly hear the gears turning and the throttle control is like butter smooth as. Grip and handling is excellent you can really throw the car around point and shoot its very forgiving. Any one looking for a 1/10 rally car put the xv-01 at the top of your list

Attachments

#9 ·
Had my first run in the wet today can you tell? It went very well its running a hobbywing sc8 and a 4000kv 4pole combo borrowed from my exo terra while I wait for parts. It went toe to toe with the losi and really held its own. I've been quite suprised with this car for a small scale offroad car to handle as well as it does is amazing. Then after that chuck the drift wheels on and take it on the road for some beltdriven sideways action. It drifts as well as it rallies

Attachments

#10 ·
Epic crash today! 2 car lengths ahead of my mates losi rally x when I got out of shape and a couple of end over ends and came down nose first on top of the losi which then proceeded to rip the whole front end of my body off! Spewin about the body but it was spectacular to watch.
Oh well off to the panel beaters

Attachments

#14 ·
LANCIA HAS RISEN
I glued it back to together and pulled tight with some small cable ties then I glued fibreglass fly wire under the bonnet and smeared sikaflex over the wire. Seems really strong but I wont know till next time I have a crash

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.