Losi LST XXL 2 Two Stroke Oil
    R/C Newbie

Losi LST XXL 2 Two Stroke Oil

I thought I would start this thread and see what oil people are using in there Losi Lst XXL 2 . So far I have been using Caster 927 for the past 2 tanks. It shows on the temp gun that its running heaps cooler and has more snap on the throttle. $30 for a one Ltr bottle compared to $30 for a 285ml bottle. So far So good. With cooler running temps--Quicker starting and improved throttle response its got to be an improvement.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Newbie
    Keep us updated on how it goes.
    What ratio do you run it at?

That OEM stuff is liquid gold at $35/284ml! I see it is $12usd in the states now, need that price drop to follow on through down here.
    Last edited by Krayghnz; 03-12-2014 at 08:09 PM.

R/C Newbie
    14-1 using BP Ultimate. Ran another 2 tanks threw it today.

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Newbie
    Up to tank 7 now. All is running well until the receiver failed and the truck had a mined of its own and took of. This is the 3rd receiver that has failed on me. Its out of warranty now, so i wont be able to get a new one unless i pay $160.00 for one. I am going to purchase a spectrum SR410 receiver and a HPI D-box 2 drift assist steering gyro together which works out to be about the same price, but should be reliable compared to the AVC receivers of spectrum. I want a steering gyro because they make my limited driving more professional, and I wont ever look back now i know how good they work.

R/C Apprentice
    You should consider a failsafe or kill switch in the event your receiver drops out again...i'm not familiar with them but think they go by the name of Killer Bees or similar.

Something like this... http://www.killerrc.com/product/supe...witch-car-kit/
    AE RC8.2e (Castle 1515/MMM) | AE SC8e (Castle 1515/MMP) | Kyosho Inferno GT2 VE (Castle 1515/MMM) | Traxxas 1/16 Kyle Busch

R/C Newbie
    Thanks for that. I do have one of them in my draw and I should install it so that does not happen again.

R/C Newbie
    How's your truck going?

I'm still using the Losi oil (I have 3 bottles) and have put 14 tanks thru it so far. I need to work on the tune tho, it seems whenever I get it running sweet, the temps are quite high (17H, 27L) so have to richen it up a bit. Having trouble hitting 2nd gear, but after freeing up the 2-speed as advised in another forum, it may be a tuning issue.
    Biggest issue is frying 2 sets of servos, but these were replaced, including the CDI and receiver, by Losi au and are all good now.
    The fuel tank seems to seep a fair bit around the seams. Is this common?

Other than that, this truck is a lot of fun and is a beast! I am looking at relocating the lipo to on top of the receiver as it is a pain in the A.. underneath.