HSP brushed ESC - can it be adjusted/calibrated?
    R/C Apprentice

HSP brushed ESC - can it be adjusted/calibrated?

I bought the car used with a broken esc. I bought one from a store. He told me it was the correct one for this buggy despite it looking different. The performance is poor, battery life is poor and sometimes it just does weird things. Was working fine then when i turned the tx off the car started moving backwards. Tx back on and it stops. Another time it stopped going backwards all together.

Cheers,

Joe

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Well, for a start you should never turn off your Tx while the car is turned on. It's possible that the car can just take off or do whatever it wants without a transmitter.

If you bought the ESC from a store, then I assume it came with a manual. My advice would be to read that manual....thoroughly
    • TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R/C Apprentice
    No manual 😢

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Newbie
    [QUOTE=GTOJOE;732282]No manual 😢

Hey Joe,
    Get online and get a manual for your esc.
    Calibrate it and go from there.
    Otherwise seek help from the shop that sold it to you.

R/C Apprentice
    I have a manual from both my HSP nitro truck and my HSP electric crawler and both manuals are identical. So i assume the manual for the 1/10 buggy is the same. In the manual for the controller i found the bind instructions which i missed previously and in the main manual it had a warning about the esc and mentioned calibrstion but there is no section on how to calibrate. I found how to set the failsafe but that's it. Maybe it can't be calibrated.

Last edited by GTOJOE; 18-10-2014 at 10:58 AM.

R/C Apprentice
    Replaced the stock 540 with an old 540 from an ancient Tamiya buggy I used to own. Was a little better but that motor started smoking lol. Bought another stock HSP 540 and it seems better. Still **** house battery life though. Not much I can do about that. You can buy 6700mAh batteries on ebay. Might try one and see how long it lasts. I'll upgrade to a proper ESC once I have some spare cash. My real car died so i won't be spending any more money on these for a while. Well that's what I've been trying to tell myself LOL

R/C Apprentice
    Just bought an esc from a guy on gumtree and a used thunder tiger 3900kv brushless motor on ebay for this car. I know i said above i won't be spending any more money any time soon. Well i bought another buggy. Brushless this time. Now my 3yr old has no time for his brushed buggy cus it's too slow lol. Now he will keep up with my new one. Up to 5 cars now. Might have to start culling. Might return my monster truck back to stock and sell it lol.

You got it bad

Ah well, there are worse things you could be spending your money on
    • TLR 22T 2.0 • MST FXX-D • Tamiya CW-01 • Tamiya DT-02 • Slash LCG 4x4 VXL •

R/C Apprentice
    So my son burnt out the 540 that was in his buggy so next week I'll fit the brushless stuff. I also found someone selling a brushless buggy on ebay for only $78. They didn't know anything about it so i will use thr parts to convert my nitro truck into brushless.