Australian RC Forums banner

RX battery voltage questions?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  brainless-esc 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered. I couldn't find what I was looking for via search.

And too lazy to troll the full list of pages in the radio section.

How or where can I find what voltage an rx can be run on? It's for the S8 rebel BX I have.

The manual suggests 3 options, 2000mha 6.6v lifepo. 6v 1600mha hump pack I assume they're nimh or the 4 AA batts I'm running atm.

I'm looking at getting a Lipo pack for the rx or building a 2s with some spare 1s I have.

If it can only be run on 6 or 6.6v, I'm thinking of running 2s with a resistor.

Anyone done this?

Or would it be best to upgrade the rx to a 7.4v ready unit?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
It is listed that you can run a 2cell LiFe(LiFePo4) which would beNominal Voltage 3.3Vcc Fully Charged 3.6Vcc per cell, LiPo's are Nominal Voltage 3.7Vcc, Fully charged 4.2Vcc per cell which would give you 8.4Vcc which would burn out standard Rx's, If you want to use a 2cell LiPo get a HV RX.

Cheers

#3 ·
Just run a 6.6v 2s LiFe pack, can get them in hump & flat type & some are pretty cheap. I use the HK nano tech LiFe packs in my buggy & MT-4 radio, brother does as well, using standard savox servo's without any problems, they work well, safer than LiPo to.

#4 ·
Thanks very much guys.

I'll check to see if my charger does LiFe batts.

Just that I have some 1s units spare.

A resistor to drop the volt to 6 would have been easy enough, once you worked out what was needed.

12v to 3v is a 1/4watt, but I don't know what amperage they can handle, then again the current draw for the bec wouldn't be as high as an esc.

The biggest draw back with a resistor is heat dissipation, some run quite hot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.