Australian RC Forums banner

WLToys Sky Dancer v955 - Tail Rotor isn't operating

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Lemmiwinks 
#1 ·
Firstly, Hi! I'm new here and also new to RC toys & terminology, and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

My birthday today and my brother's bought me a nifty little RC Helicopter, he's said its apparently an intermediate level chopper and to watch a few videos before using it and just go easy. So I've done that, watched a few people fly it around parks with no wind & semi-windy conditions. Watched the chopper have some small/slow crashes and decided I felt confident enough that the helicopter can take some impact and that I'd attempt getting mine to a hover and fly around a little bit.

Started having a lot of fun and feeling as if this was something I could get into, still just hovering around and going easy. Few crashes going at slow speeds, definitely nothing substantial..... And now the tail rotor isn't operating unless I push the trigger to the right.

There is also a loose, white connection coming off the right side of the board that I can't find what it was connected to and am thinking this is relevant (Pic below).

Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Computer hardware Engineering

I live a bit of a ways away from any RC Toys/Models shop, would it be worth taking it in to have it looked it? Do people at these shops do repairs?

TL;DR - Tail Rotor isn't operating unless the trigger (for rotation, not pitch) is pushed right, loose white connection coming off the board.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.