Australian RC Forums banner

Turnigy HD 1080P action cam review

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  brainless-esc 
#1 ·
Not long purchased a turnigy HD action cam with the water proof case. It's the non wifi model.

I am very impressed with it for the price.

Just had the first few vids of it attached to the 1/8 nitro. I thought I better use the case to protect it from all the dust.

The only thing to can complain about is the manual says there is an icon on the screen to indicate still or video mode. However the icons don't exist.

After playing with it for a bit I worked out that the video mode screen has a 'widescreen' type of display with a black line top and bottom, where as the still shot display is full screen.

The playback screen has the play icon on it.

The instruction manual is in very small print and not a lot in it, but the set up menu is easy enough to use.

I'm still trying to worth out how to either get the 1 min vid at full HD to compress to be able to be sent to photo bucket or to edit the vid to about 25sec or 24 mb.

I'll see if I can upload it direct to p/b, I don't have a YouTube account.

As soon as I work out to get something uploaded I'll post a link.

Overall I'm very happy with it! :cool:

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)

I scaled back the quality so it could be emailed to photo bucket.

And sorry about the sound quality, it transferred through the case as I only strapped it to the rear wing mount, a piece of foam would have made it far better, cutting out all the vibration transfer.

What's on pb does not do it justice, I'll get a hdmi cable too so I can play back through the tv.

The wifi version would be a great advantage, you could transfer straight to a phone or the like. Making it so easy to share, say if at a club /race meet, with anyone that may like footage of their model if you happen to record it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.