Australian RC Forums banner

R.I.P Pete/Towie/comic book guy

2M views 43 replies 39 participants last post by  cragv 
#1 ·
Sadly Pete passed away last night.
I think we can all agree he will be sorely, sorely missed. A great man, always handy with advice and quick with his wit. A good laugh was always had during any conversation I had with him.
He helped me out a lot in the few years I've known him and been a customer of Oz Rc, happy to talk for hours if that's how long it took to find me a solution.
It was because of Pete that I got into rc racing, being a former member of PHDR he encouraged me to go check it out and I was hooked. He was a champion for all rc clubs, no matter the content.
The RC community will have a massive hole in it without him.

I may not have known him as long as others on here, but I am glad I did. A great bloke all round.

RIP mate. We will miss you

#2 ·
Sincerest Condolences to Pete's family and all who knew him.
We shared a lot of laughs over the years and it was especially good to spend time with him at the QLD large sale offroad nationals a couple of years back..!
He had the passion required for a hobby like this, it was a massive part of his life... Unfortunately cut short 🍻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
To say I am devastated would be a huge understatement. Pete you will be missed by so many. You were such a good bloke and deserved far better but I know you are not in pain anymore and are in a better place. We spoke only two days ago and I was admiring how brave you were being and saying you were going to fight it with everything you got. You made me feel proud just to know you and be able to call you friend. I will never forget our endless chats about RCs. Till the day we meet again my friend........
My sincerest condolences go out to your family and close friends.

#5 ·
No dry eyes here today. Damn I'll miss him. He has been a good online friend for many years and I have seen him change many RC nightmares into pure joy for the owners.

He is an inspiration and an RC legend that will be missed terribly.

Sweet dreams Pete.

#7 ·
The glue of AusRC has been taken from us,

I spent many hours catching up with Pete on the phone and his hospitality was second to none, he not only became a close friend to me, but also my fiance. He will be sorely missed from both of us.

RIP Buddy, it doesn't seem real

@Dan, I know where there are a few

#12 ·
RIP Pete and thanks for all you have done around here.

To the AUSRC community, Pete advised forum owners and admin staff only last week of the issues he was fighting.
He didn't want it publically known at the time but did say he would fight on and continue to support the site until he was no longer able to do it.

His medical treatment was full on, yet despite all that was going on in his life, he still supported AUSRC, whether it was keeping the spammers away, threads on topic or the general maintenance of the selling section that he so superbly looked after and moderated. He was always happy to share his extensive knowledge of all things RC related and never frowned on a newbie's plea for help.

Condolences to Pete's family. He has done a lot for the RC community around here and will be greatly missed.

Regards,

Steve

#13 ·
Sad day indeed.
can't add much more other than,
I Only knew Pete half a cup of tea as my folks would say, but could easily tell he was a top bloke!

The respect of all here attests to that.

Commiserations to his family and friends.

#15 ·
Wow.... WTF?
I only met the bloke once but he was pretty funny and loved a chat. A very very helpful person of the RC community and a great bloke.

What happened? I met him like 3 years ago but he didn't seem that unhealthy... :eek:

EDIT: Who gets his RC collection? He had like 2 shipping containers worth...

#16 ·
Rip Pete, you will be missed

Seems I wasn't the only one who spoke to him a bit over phone about rc stuff

#17 ·
GOD BLESS MATE.
I feel so bad at the moment.
Pete called me 3 weeks ago and told me about his health issues.
I had every intention to meet up with him for a coffee, but my own family/work life kept me busy.
I regret not making the time to visit the guy. I guess there is a lesson to be learnt here.
I'm not ashamed to say I am shedding a tear typing this.
As mentioned by everyone on here. He was a credit to the community and hobby. Friendly, helpful, funny just not very attractive :p
Great with kids always had the time for me and my kids as well as other families.

He told me he had an aggressive cancer Angio Sarcoma. It was really knocking him around.
Treatment taking its toll physically an financially.
Yet we still managed to have a laugh.

Although years apart, we went to the same school, he got work done at the place I did my apprenticeship, lived in the same street.
Wasn't till I got involved in the hobby that we find all this out.

Condolences go out to his partner, mother, children, grandkids, friends and extended family.

RIP BUDDY.
YOU WERE A TOP BLOKE.
I hope your sister doesn't get the trailer lol.

#19 ·
WOW What a sad day
I haven't been on here very long but you could always count on Towie for advice when no one else could
Sounds like the hobby has lost a dead set CHAMPION
R.I.P

#20 ·
R.I.P Pete (towie)
I have been in contact a lot with him over the last month or so.
He let me know of his illness but did not want it to be public knowledge.
He knew I had the Scania semi and egged me on to run a build thread whilst I build it.
He will be missed by all.
Condolences to his family for the loss of such a great man.

Ian & Mozza

#25 ·
Reading all these replies I'm shedding a tear, I only met him once at the off-road nationals a few years back but we had a really long chat and he was a top bloke. I even had to head out to Ozrc the next day and who was there but Pete and he fixed us up in no time. Absolute legend mate I hope your in a better place now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#26 ·
I only knew Pete through AUSRC but as I type this I am shedding some tears for him. It was away great to see the advice and help he would freely give out, that will be sorely missed.
It sounds like he has been in a lot of pain so now he is no longer in pain, you will be greatly missed.

RIP Towie

#27 ·

You'll be sadly missed mate. No more late chats on Facebook.

R.I.P Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.