Australian RC Forums banner

R.I.P Pete/Towie/comic book guy

2M views 43 replies 39 participants last post by  cragv 
#1 ·
Sadly Pete passed away last night.
I think we can all agree he will be sorely, sorely missed. A great man, always handy with advice and quick with his wit. A good laugh was always had during any conversation I had with him.
He helped me out a lot in the few years I've known him and been a customer of Oz Rc, happy to talk for hours if that's how long it took to find me a solution.
It was because of Pete that I got into rc racing, being a former member of PHDR he encouraged me to go check it out and I was hooked. He was a champion for all rc clubs, no matter the content.
The RC community will have a massive hole in it without him.

I may not have known him as long as others on here, but I am glad I did. A great bloke all round.

RIP mate. We will miss you

#28 ·
I have only been a member of this forum for a few days, but it was very obvious when I was looking around before deciding to join that "Towie" was one of the leading lights of the forum, always there with advice and help for newcomers. This has been borne out to me by the outpouring of grief from people who knew him.
Although we never met, my condolences to his family. RIP Pete.

#30 ·
This is terrible news, R.I.P Towie & condolences to all his family & friends at this sad time.
Looking through threads on AUSRC you always see replies from Towie offering advice & help for those needing it, I never met him but from what I have seen here, he was always one of the first people to reply & offer any help he could, this great hobby needs more good people like Pete. Looking at the above pic, it looks like he was taken well before his time.

R.I.P Pete.

#32 ·
quoted from his Facebook

To all those who would like to pay their respects and farewell Pete the service will be held 3pm this Friday at the Albany Creek Crematorium in the lakeview chapel followed by tea & coffee with family and friends. In lieu of flowers, donations in memory can be made to the Australian Cancer Research Foundation, Donations can also be made at the service and there will be a wishing well provided.

#33 ·
Thanks for the heads up re donations etc. I'd only interacted with Pete via this forum and his wisdom was invaluable as a noob reentering the hobby as an adult - his advice has saved a lot of heartache, not too mention $$ along the way. Being on the otherside of the country I'd like to make a donation via the above Foundation's website - is it possible to obtain Pete's full name so as to complete the 'in memoriam' part of the donation process.

Thanks in advance

#35 ·
I am over seas on holidays at the moment and only just got some internet time. To say I'm gutted would be massive understatement. I have known Pete almost from when I got into this hobby, he was always looked after me in the store and gave me good discounts. Ive been to his house on many occasions so he could help me sort out problems.
I knew he was crook, but not that crook. Just goes to show what a top shelf bloke he was, didn't want to burden his mates with his bad times. I wont be back in A

#40 ·
I just stopped in to say RIP mate. We never met but the contributions you made to AUSRC helped to keep it afloat to this day. Even as the forum activity has slowed down over the years you still came through every day to make sure the regulars and newbies alike were all good. Guys like you are the reason the hobby is so great.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

#42 ·
DAMN havnt been on here for a few weeks, My sincerest condolences to Pete's family and close friends. I never met Pete or talked to him on the phone, but spent quite a few hours talking to him about Issues i was having as well as ideas on some of my custom builds. He was never short of advice, and always willing to chime in to help a noob out, even if it was a question that there was already 100 threads about it, and Pete had answered most of them. He was one person who taught me alot through his shared knowledge on this forum.

RIP Pete, no more pain, no more worries
Sleep Easy My Friend

Reactions: crisis time
#44 ·
Only read about this earlier today. Truly sorry to learn about it, cancer is a rough one, wouldn't wish it on anyone. Poor bloke.

Rest in peace, Pete, you'll quite clearly be missed by many. I'll be thinking of you next time I have a few hours out in the sun with my little truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.