devention devo 7 radio, your thought?
    R/C Apprentice

devention devo 7 radio, your thought?

From a brief search they are walkera?

Would this unit be a good first unit for a beginner like myself?

From my limited understanding you can bind them to multiple rx units for a fleet of birds, but can you bind them to different brands of rx units?

Or do they have to be walkera rx?

And which sim would it be most compatible?

TIA!
    Last edited by brainless-esc; 18-09-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    I never Stand Corrected........................ I always sit down for bad news };~))

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Not having dealt with this unit, I am going to hazard a guess and say they will be brand specific for multiple binding to extra rx's, like most other brands, the company is not going to give too much away by allowing cross binding with others

Peter, one of the other mods on the Forum is very knowledgable in relation to flight gear, as is Stevo1957, there are also a lot of members that fly a lot more and better than I do, they are going to have much better ideas about which flight sim is going to be the best for you....I personally like the one that is sold by Model flight, I have had a little success with it and managed to be able to use my current (outdated) Spektrum DX6i with it, and no problems with hook up or anything like that, most of my flight gear is Blade or Parkzone which are all based on Spektrum radio gear for both BNF and RTF, so it all works well for me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

The Devo series of radios are pretty good, but generally only work with their brand of receivers , much the same as all the other brands... Probably not a good "first "radio as the book and their terminology are not very clear ... I have heard it works with "Phoenix" sim , but haven't actually seen it !!

I'm a JR radio user myself, have been for years; the menus are pretty easy to follow although ALL current radios expect some prior knowledge of terminology! That's why a Club learning situation is recommended , and WILL save you $$$$$$... Spektrum stuff has similar menus , but get a "DSMX" setup if you go that way... Futaba radios just seem illogical in the programming ..

The "Phoenix " brand sim is extremely popular , it doesn't need a high power computer , it comes with leads to suit most common radios, and works pretty well "out of the box" ... All updates are free , and it's continually adding more models etc .. HOWEVER , to set it (or any sim) up to work with your radio requires some basic knowledge of the radio ...

Thanks , Towie !
    QLD's Gold Coast.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MA Spectra G's ;Stratus's ; Extreme, E Razor , N Razor, Fury 55 ;Furion 6; Electric , Nitro & Gasser Whiplash's; ,Aeolus 50 3D ; TSA 600N ; TSA 700N; BeastX FBL electronics... XPS 2.4 GhZ radio........ lots of ignored planks

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Apprentice
    Thanks guys!

I've done a search, heli freaks have a thread. You can use a third party firmware to bind the devo to other brands of rx, most are brand name rx but it opens up options. Blade was one. Basically any that use DSM2.

I looked up devo 7 radios as I found a new one on eVilbay at a reasonable price. I looked around before I bid, but posted here after to get members thoughts.

I'll see if I end up with it or not.
    I never Stand Corrected........................ I always sit down for bad news };~))