Australian RC Forums banner

Futaba 4PX Review

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  thor 
#1 ·

I thought I would just do a review of the new futaba 4px radio for anyone that might be interested in one.

After 8 hours drifting friday and saturday to say I'm happy with this futaba radio would be a huge understatement.

When comparing the 4px to my previous radios the sanwa m12 and futaba 4pksr the difference between the m12 and 4px is immediately noticeable in the way they feel in the hand. While the m12 doesn't feel to heavy to start with after 4-6 hours of drifting you really start to notice it the 4px weighs considerably less and after a full night of drifting it was still feeling just as light as when I started. If your currently using a 4pksr you would be right at home as it feels very similar in your hand.
The menu on the 4px is really good as well compared the m12. While the m12 is easy enough to navigate using the scroll wheel and little switch is a pain in the ass specially when entering model names your forever scrolling back and forth compared to the 4px with the 4 way joystick.

Thanks to the nice big screen on the 4px the menu is well organised and easy to navigate. If you have used the 4pksr you will already be familiar with the 4px with the difference being it's been updated to suit the new big colour screen with fancy graphics but apart from that not a lot of difference there.

Performance of the radio is great on the track but I couldn't tell any difference to the m12 at all so not a great deal. One thing I'll probably do is if I need any extra receivers I'll get the E version which has a internal arial just so I don't have to worry about hiding the arial somewhere. While the internal arial does limit the range I only drift at indoor drift tracks so the 75m range is more then enough for my needs.
So far I'm very happy with the radio but there are a couple things I don't like but they are very minor and not a deal breaker or anything. The power and display button feel a little cheap because you have to press them in just the right spot to get them to turn on. I think they should have kept the sliding switch like they had on the 4pksr.

Overall I can highly recommend the radio for anyone looking for a high end radio but if you already have a 4pksr or m12 it's sort of hard to justify the high price of it unless you have a wad of cash laying around you don't need for anything else but trust me you won't regret getting one that's for sure.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice informative write up, and good comparison on the alternative radios as well

Thank You :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.