Australian RC Forums banner

Strongest beadlocks possible?

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  robertcladner84 
#1 ·
Help please. I have a scx10 I'm setting up for foff.
But I cannot seen to keep the tyres on the rims glued or beadlocks. Has a 3900kv on 3s lipo with stock gearing. Crazy fast and the front end won't stay down if I can get traction even with the battery up front. Anyone know some beadlocks that will NOT spit the tyre.

#2 ·
I have seen this problem arise many times, and to be perfectly honest, no one has ever been able to replicate it front of me....which leads to my question...How are you spitting tyres from bead locks...the wheels should not be spinning any where near fast enough to attain enough rotational mass for the tyre to be able to pull free of the bead lock itself.

The only scenario I can come up with is that they are not fixed to the rim tightly enough to begin with..or...the tyre is getting wedged in a pinch like position and too much power is being applied during the release of the tyres as the truck is trying to pull free of the pinch position, as a result the tyre is being stretched beyond normal state and becoming thinner as rubber does under stretch load, and therefore easier to slip from the bead lock groove due to the thinning effect that is happening under the load

#4 ·
I wouldn't say Integy is the best brand on the market, but some of their gear is OK.

With 24 bolts per wheel and the bolts being that tight, unless there is something unusual about the bead locks, I would say you are most likely stretching the tyre under extreme load when trying to get it unstuck from a pinch hold situation, causing the tyre to stretch and pull free from the bead lock.
I would suggest letting the steering loose when in this type of situation and allow the tyre to turn and move freely as you attempt to back out of the tight spot before once again attempting the cross over point you are trying to achieve.

Hope this works for you

#5 ·
It's happining when chasing the dog around the yard I know the motor and battery are overkill for this sort of rc but it's a good foff platform. I reseated all the beads and took it for a drive, a few wheel stands later it popped the bead it's only dead grass so it's not getting as much traction as If I was caught in a rock. I have a set of gmade mudrock rims on there way so I'll find out if it's the wheels or power when they get here. Cheers for the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.