Australian RC Forums banner

RWD Drifters advice please

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Flexy 
#1 ·
Ok my problem is I have a sakura d3 cs but converted to rwd and it was drifting like crap so I shifted the battery to above the motor and drifted awesome so easy to control too but I won't fit the body on and if my steering is full lock it won't move just sit there spinning so my question where have yous mounted the battery or can I get grippier tyres to stop spinning out fo much?

#4 ·
D Box or a Gyro is almost a must have for RWD, try to get your battery as close to centre line of the chassis as you can for even weight distribution

#6 ·
That is one of the downfalls of RWD....you need to get the wheels pointed straight before applying the power or you will have issues with tail spin, the D Box should help correct that though

#7 ·
I can get the transitions and everything it's just I either need a way keep the battery in the factory spot but have the handling of it over the front wheels would more traction on the rear help to spot spinning out but wouldn't that also mean have to drift faster? So many questions and factors lol. 10 turn on 3s lipo aswell so power isn't an issues

#10 ·
I think you need to change out to 2 cell and get the battery back over the rear wheels, you may also want to look at dropping on some softer grippier tyres

#12 ·
I have used the rear mounting portion of the battery so i can get more weight towards the rear of the car as what Pete said. Before i had my gyro, the car was kinda ok to drift but it's completely different to how you drive a 50/50 or CS. What ever you learnt from driving the 2, throw it out the window and start again. You have to drive it like the real thing.

I worked on the handling of the car first and i was happy drifting it without the gyro. Of course after i installed the gyro and adjusted it to where i want, it was easier to drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.