Australian RC Forums banner

New Boat man Riviera 80 Any Perth based guys here?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  WAYNESTIRLAND56 
#1 · (Edited)
G'day guys and gals,
I am new to RC boats (and using forums for that matter) but I hope to be able to contribute as time goes by.

at the moment my reason for joining is I am looking for answers to a project, I recently bought a "Equipage" Riviera 80 Speedboat of E-Bay almost complete I am currently putting in the radio gear, it came with a Johnson 700 motor, a Jeti JES150 ESC, a hitec ranger 2n radio 2ch and a ni-cad 1600mah 7.2v battery.

I completed mounting on the board and was testing the radio and setup, it will have two batteries in parallel later to maintain balance and give extra play-time, it appears I only have forward motion (as I say I am new to these radios) I am assuming I should have reverse but do I need to change the radio for one with more channels?

A problem I am having is the battery I was using to test ran flat so I grabbed a li-po 14.8v 4cell and did not check out put and fear I have blown the Rx since the servo for the rudder no longer works, I used a second servo (which came with it) and no go, as the throttle is controlled via the esc I presume I don't need this second servo? (at the moment).

I have a diagram (rough) of the configuration if anyone can assist in guiding me with what best way to go forward (since I have no reverse) from here it would be very much appreciated.
I am really looking forward to getting this baby on the water with my grandchildren watching.

boring bit if anyone wants to know a bit about me read on you poor thing.

age 56, married two life sentences (30+yrs) 3 daughters and 3 grand kids, live in Perth WA, work currently in IT, that should do you as I don't like to put too much info out in the domain.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.