Australian RC Forums banner

Marble paint job gone wrong

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  RoBB 
#1 ·
So I used spazstix red vino 3 coats

Then used mirror chrome to back it and sponge it to get it marble like, the mirror chrome messed with the red vino that was all ready dry, must be something in the mirror chrome to of made it react

Marble effect turned out great though, with some selectively placed stickers it should hardly be noticeable

See less See more
#2 ·
Once I add the stripes it should go away, I decided to try stealth magnet body mounts, hard thing now will be to line them up.

#4 ·
That's probably how GT stripes were invented, someone stuffed up the paint and they decided to cover up with some stripes, the rest is history :)

#5 ·
I have seen a similar paint issue before (one of mine) I did exactly what you have done....I discovered the marble effect needs to be done on the last layer of the color and before backing with the chrome

Yours turned out better than mine did though, and I think yours will be fine, where mine was a train wreck and made its way to the bin like it was powered by a 3 turn brushless :)

#6 ·

any idea how to get the magnets to line up on the inside 4 the stealth mounts?

Might be able to use a 2nd stronger magnet on the outside of the body to get the position right?

#7 ·
I used some blue tac on top of the magnet and will stick to the bottom of the shell. You have to place them carefully thought because it will always want to fight the final mounting position if its off a bit,

I used the velcro on the stealth mounts and you only need a little bit, its pretty strong.

#8 ·
I have always used a white out liquid paper pen, place a spot on each body post and line up the body...the wet liquid paper leaves a dot on the inside of the body to show alignment, but Steph's blue tack idea might work as well or better

#9 ·
Came up with a great idea to mount the magnets up perfectly

Put some baking paper down and Chuck the other magnet on over the top, then a blob of shoe goo and then I can slide a bit to get into place, worked perfectly

#10 ·
Shoe goo didn't stick to the baking paper at all, remove paper and it lines up nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.