Australian RC Forums banner

Replacement batteries for Rustler xl-5

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  brainless-esc 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hey Mate,

I have the exact same charger. i too am only new to the hobby but have had no dramas with it and its easy to use.

The batteries too are similar to what i have, I have the nano tech 5.6 2S lipos.

Batteries take about an hour to balance charge on 5.6amps, on fast charge i can charge them in about 25mins.

Hope that helps

#5 ·
Sorry for thread mining, digging up an old thread.

I've just got one of these second hand, I think the ESC is dead though.

I have a hobby wing ezrun 9t ESC combo. 2-3cell. Can I use the original tx/RX with the ezrun combo?

The original traxxis set up was a 21t 550 brushed. I would like to use the brushless set up but don't have a spare / new tx/rx to use with it.

I tried the traxxix tx/rx but it runs forward as soon as you turn the handset or rx unit on.

If I have to go a new tx/rx setup, what would everyone recommend?

Thanks.

#6 ·
Might wanna try resyncing the ESC to the radio first... maybe PO just didn't set it up right. Read the Traxxas manual and restart from scratch.

ESCs usually don't run the motor if it's been smoked before, they just play dead after. So if the motor is running, it probably thinks neutral point = full speed ahead.

Yeah the Traxxas gear is standard stuff, it'll talk to HobbyWing combo fine. You'll need to redo the ESC setup to sync to the new radio gear.

If looking at new radio gear, what budget are you thinking? At the cheap end, there's many fans of Flysky GTB, GTC etc and it's many cousins - $60ish could get you a set previously. Or for the big brandnames like Spektrum, Futaba, Sanwa etc... they usually have entry level for $150ish before their main models for $300+

#8 ·
Sorry forgot to mention it didn't come with a manual. Its second hand, the ESC doesn't power up, put power direct to the old motor it runs fine.

I'll search when I get time on how to set up the traxxis gear.

I did have the ezrun combo test run with a HSP tx/rx ages ago, I may see if I still have that cicking around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.