Australian RC Forums banner

Newbie questions

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  casey5347 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking to get into FPV flying, my only flying experience is with a Blade MCX (which was awesome).

I am looking at buying a Walkera Ladybird QR FPV, it comes with a Devo F4 (integrated 3.5inch screen), I have chosen this over the Hubsan X4 107D mainly because the Walkera is available in Australia (for a reasonable price) and it also seems quite popular so spares shouldn't be an issue.

My questions are:
1. When I inevitably want to upgrade to a new Quadcopter, can I keep using the Devo F4?
2. Is four channels enough for me if I do upgrade, what will I miss out on?
3. Am I making the right choice on the Ladybird vs the Hubsan or is there another option (I would be happy to spend a BIT more if there is something that will future proof me a bit).
4. Coming from the Blade MCX, is the ladybird much more complex to fly? will it hover by itself with little input from me?
5. Will 5.8GHZ video feed penetrate walls (can I fly it a couple of rooms away or upstairs)?

Any advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Firstly welcome to the forum i have not been active on this for a while as i have been flying helicopters for the last 2 years and can shine some light on a couple questions for you .

Using the devo is probably not going to be compatible if you move onto another quad in the future , you best to save some more money and buy a transmitter with 7channels+ i use a 14SG and love it , at least and it will be with you forever i like my futaba gear but thats just me there is plenty of choices out there for transmitters . Spectrum also work great .

Secondly if your getting started i would recommend a DJI RTF kit to kick off or the DJI 450 / 550 kit and build it as you learn how it all works and you wont look back that's all i can advise from watching guys at my field the DJI is a stepping stone to more full on FPV i cant anwser any more , but hope it helps .

Its a bit of a outlay to begin with but the gear you get is better than any other RTF kit you can buy out there .

#3 ·
Quick EP8

Quick EP8 with JR 8 channel tr/trx
I am also new to the hobby/sport. I have a Quick EP8 i was trying to hover it again after a long no touch. It just started to hover and suddenly flipped over and damaged the head and i can not find anyone on the gold coast that sell heli parts or aftermarket parts for it.It is between a 450 and 500 size i believe. The blades are 410 mm total length i also can not find this size blades on line i am just wandering if i can fit the 425 long blades and how much would it take to convert it to fbl.
Just hope this post is in the right place

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.