mod ->locking up spider gears in diff - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    AUSRC Legend twizm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia - Sydney
    Posts
    5,732
    Rep Power
    21
    lock diffs + onroad = really bad idea



    all the alloy diff locking spools say 'WARNING: OFF ROAD USE ONLY, DO NOT USE ON ROAD'



    and i would dare say they are fairly spot on with that.


    [i][b]Born to Grind, Built to Blast[/b][/i]

  2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements
     

  3. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    0


    Well I haven't got both diffs locked and wouldn't want to as you would have trouble turning around in a street. I have used it on the street in a straight runs but haven't given it any throttle while turning on the road as it will either not make the U-turn or will roll.


    They are mighty fun on the dirt (just rear locked). I have had about 10 tanks with rear locked and no doggie probs.

  4. #23
    R/C Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Im going to lock my centre and rear diff very soon, and the teeth are already shagged, but do i clean it all up, put the first set of gears on, pack it, then put te 2nd set in and pack it half way up the gears so the teeth will still meet??

  5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements
     

  6. #24
    Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    RADelaide
    Posts
    9,582
    Rep Power
    10
    Welcome planet_rookie.

    FYI - the last post in this thread was 8 years ago!!!




    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1






  7. #25
    R/C God RatsacK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bundaberg, QLD
    Posts
    2,711
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by little_drifter View Post
    Welcome planet_rookie.

    FYI - the last post in this thread was 8 years ago!!!
    At least he was just trying to ask for help on something related to him, not just welcoming someone to the forum that joined years ago.

    Too bad I can't help him out though.
    Hobao Hyper 8SC
    Axial SCX10
    LRP S10 Drifter
    Spektrum DX3C

  8. #26
    R/C Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Not trying to seem rude, but how does the last post being 8 years ago have anything to do with my question?
    I am new to the group and the rc world, and just thought id simply ask a question that hopefully others have experience in...its intopic of this thread so it seemed the go...

    My diff has a screw that i can engage into the gears thus locking the diff, but there doesnt seem to be much length of the screw left once engaged all the way...
    is there a universal diff lock or spool insert i can purchase??

  9. #27
    R/C God RogerDaShrubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    2,823
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet_Rookie View Post
    Not trying to seem rude, but how does the last post being 8 years ago have anything to do with my question?
    I am new to the group and the rc world, and just thought id simply ask a question that hopefully others have experience in...its intopic of this thread so it seemed the go...

    My diff has a screw that i can engage into the gears thus locking the diff, but there doesnt seem to be much length of the screw left once engaged all the way...
    is there a universal diff lock or spool insert i can purchase??
    Let me just say Hi and welcome to the forums man first, HEHE dont sweat it man, being a rookie, you made a rookie mistake general forum convention goes kind of like if it is more than 12 months old, post a new thread, if you have a question about something simular to an old thread, post a new thread. When in doubt, post a new thread. When you post a new thread post a picture in the thread because Little Drifter has OCD for pictures.

    What is the brand and model of the car you are attempting to lock the diff in? and we will see if we can get you pointed in the right direction.
    Spec-R S1 - Hobao GPX4 - TT EB4 S3 - Kyosho Inferno EP - LRP S10 BX - Serpent LX - 3Racing FGX F1

  10. #28
    Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    RADelaide
    Posts
    9,582
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber View Post
    Let me just say Hi and welcome to the forums man first, HEHE dont sweat it man, being a rookie, you made a rookie mistake general forum convention goes kind of like if it is more than 12 months old, post a new thread, if you have a question about something simular to an old thread, post a new thread. When in doubt, post a new thread. When you post a new thread post a picture in the thread because Little Drifter has OCD for pictures.

    What is the brand and model of the car you are attempting to lock the diff in? and we will see if we can get you pointed in the right direction.
    Couldnt of said it better.

    Like my post said FYI. I was simply pointing it out as some people will come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

    Enjoy the forum.




    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1






Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Locking a ball diff????
    By WOG....supraman in forum Tourers - Electric
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14-10-2006, 03:13 AM
  2. Help XXX-NT diff gears????
    By Rascal Racing in forum Stadium Trucks - Nitro
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 14-08-2006, 10:30 AM
  3. Hyper spider diff
    By untamed25 in forum Buggies - Nitro
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24-06-2006, 12:11 PM
  4. Best way to fill hyper 7 spider diff
    By Enerjex in forum Buggies - Nitro
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
  5. JB Weld for Diff Locking
    By ozdork in forum General Info and Requests
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •