Australian RC Forums banner

Good kit for build your own

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Gizo 
#1 ·
New to rc, I bought a hpi blitz, but I would really like to build a car myself,
As the blitz is more off road/dirt, I would like to build a on road car.

What would be a good kit to build?
There does not seem to be to many but I gave found team associated (could be a bit pricey). And Sakura is there any others?

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Depending on the budget...

Tamiya, X Ray, Team Associated, Sakura all do kits, there are more brands, but these are the main ones you will find locally....

Tamiya TT-01 is a basic drift/touring car kit with a tub chassis, very much an entry level model

X Ray T4 2014...IMO the cream of the crop, but at a cost, you wont see these too cheap anywhere

Team Associated's kit is also smooth, also not cheap, but if you are looking to build a sweet chassis this is also one to consider

Sakura, one of the budget chassis, kit is quite reasonable, parts can be a PITA at times, but still a good kit, and fairly competitive as well

There is another option, there are plenty of RTR cars on the market, nothing stopping you grabbing one of those, stripping it and rebuilding with the upgrades that will make it more tunable and very much your own custom work, Hpi have the Sprint2 for instance, they are a belt driven composite chassis, but there is an endless supply of locally available upgrades on the market for them....

#7 ·
I'd be going the TT02 with the Ferrari 458 body.... just because I've already built a couple of TT01's.

#12 ·
The majority of Tamiya 1/10 scale gear is set up to run a 190mm body with zero offset wheels

you can usually get away with a +3mm on the rear depending on the body style

If you want to run a 200mm body (after market) with the Tamiya chassis you would normally run a +6mm rear and +3mm front...but again, it will depend on the body style

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.