Australian RC Forums banner

FG F1 brushless electric

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  sujuara 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks pretty smooth, but traction appears to be an issue, I would love to get a hold of one to test run it under slightly more controlled conditions

#3 · (Edited)
It looks ok but as far as using it, I think I would have more fun with a bucket on my head hitting it with a hammer.

Like towie said, it could be ok with a little knowledge behind it.

#5 ·
I had another look at the chassis, and there are a lot of similarities to the Savage...the arms are different and a few other bits are also modded, but the basic design is a 3"x 3" TVP styled chassis just like the Savage....has me thinking....should I drop a Savage Flux on the deck, lengthen the rails, shorten the arms and dog bones, slip the front diff out, and throw some FG onroad wheels and tyres on it....reckon it would be pretty close...

#6 ·
Lack of traction is the biggest single issue for all 1/5th scale on road racing. GRP have come out with 3 new compounds of tyre in the last 12 months and they still have not gotten it right and the other main brand are just pure garbage. And this thing does not have 3kg of motor sitting on the back axle to give it any mechanical downforce. You would have to be so very precise with the throttle application to get the power down, or you would be doing pirouettes worse than a 12th scale with a bad diff :) Still looks kind of cool.

#7 ·
Yeah the weight issue is going to require some serious thought...ie: battery location, gearing, and maybe some ballast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.