Australian RC Forums banner

Hot to cold plug tuning tips

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  towie964 
#1 ·
The LHS... And a whole heap of online threads... Suggest running a cold plug for my savage XL. I'm runING a hot plug at the moment, it's running really nicely . I tried to put a cold plug in but had a dog of a time getting it to run nicely. Hoping someone more experienced than me can suggest what I need to do to transition from a hot to cold plug. I understand the basic principles, that a cold plug needs to run leaner, but how much? I'm very worried about going too lean. Are we talking a quarter turn leaner? Or a significant change? Will there be a noticeably lower amount less smoke running leaner setting on a cold plug?

#2 ·
If it is running well on the hotter plug...please refer to the following rule....

If it ain't broke.....don't screw with it :)

The rules are not set in stone, some engines don't want to play by the rules, and this is a perfect example of that....if you are happy with the current set up and it works, throw the rule book out the window and just enjoy some good runs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.