Australian RC Forums banner

Jaycar gt-3810 "mercenary"

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kumi 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys this is my first heli but i've had nitro buggy's previously so not entirely new to RC's, what i need help with is trying to set this up correctly with its limited adjustments lol.

Currently it seems tail heavy and out of the box it needed full trim adjustment left and back on the cyclic? correct me if i get any of this wrong, as it was travelling forward and strafing to the right (possibly over adjustment due to tail heavy, read on to see)... i've made some adjustments to the swashplate linkages from the servo's to level it out as it was way out also one of the servo arms is sittings high and not at 90 degrees. I've got it pretty close to level and now its drifting backwards, inbalanced like originally mentioned??? i dont have anything on hand to put weight on the front atm but figured i might get a bigger battery which might kill 2 birds with one stone...

What do i need to do to diagnose whats happening, and any tips or links to help me out would be much appreciated :)

#3 ·
I bought the same model a couple of days ago. It demonstrates the same behaviour.

I had just been pondering the aspects of fiddling the on-board PCB or, the mechanics, for a possible solution.

I have managed to hover it, however. During a rare lull in the breeze.

As near as I can gather, this model is a re-branded "WL V912" by WLToys.
That opens up the scope for spares and parts, well beyond the stock range of Jaycar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.