Australian RC Forums banner

SMC Lipos

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mickieboy 
#1 ·
Has anyone bought and used SMC lipos?

I wanted to buy some from the U.S but they are out of stock and postage is an issue. Actually I wanted to buy a couple of SPC lipos but their postage is about $100.

Anyway, before I go ahead and buy the SMC lipos, has anyone had any experience with them?

I have been using turnigy nano techs but today two lipos puffed, got hot and had to be thrown away. So I need some replacements :)

And feedback on the quality of SMC's lipos would be great.

Thanks

#3 ·
I haven't used them myself, but I have heard people saying they are happy with them...

Like most things, there will be varied reviews, most people only post comments when they are not happy, IMO....buy a couple and give them a run, post up a review of them, good or bad, so others can benefit from your experience

#4 ·
I use them. I've been very happy with them so far.
I have heard of other people having a couple of issues, and that was mostly with the older thinner cased lipos, but I've personally never had them.
Mine are the new thicker cased ones. I've got 6500mah ones and they last for ages, more than enough to get me through a 15 minute race with room to spare. As I said I haven't had any problems with them at all so far.
I bought mine from coast 2 coast rc and the guys are great. Very good customer service, and if you do have any problems they are happy to look after you.

#5 ·
they sound like good batteries, any idea what the max c charge rate is?

as long as its above 2 i would be happy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.