Australian RC Forums banner

newby! help needed choosing a truck

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Nekcarccm 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Im new to rc and I just want something small and cheap to start out and a latrax teton and an ecx ruckus 1:18 scale. What do you guys think of these vehicles and would they stand up to some bashing? I just want a tough little truck, it doesn't have to be really quick or anything.

#2 ·
Savage xs enough said.....

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

#3 ·
Savage XS
Mini E-Revo

Both quick, upgradable, good parts availability and fun to drive....the La Trax stuff is fun and OK, but not as well supported at this stage, and the ECX Ruckus, I haven't seen in mini scale yet, but the 1/10 scale one was half descent although, parts weren't in what I would call...plentiful supply, but still not bad for the price

I have both the Mini Savage and the Mini E-Revo and have driven both like I stole them, both have taken more punishment than one would expect a small scale truck should take, cant complain about either....obviously no 2 people operate their models alike, but I would buy either one again without hesitation...

A couple of things to note....

*avoid 3 cell operation as a standard use battery (2 cell is the sweet spot IMO), the 3 cells are OK for a high speed pass here and there, but the motors and ESC's will get hot and can be damaged
*The steering servo in the Mini E-Revo is small and easily burnt out when given a big hit (probably no surprise there)
*expect to see your model cart wheeling if you hit any large bumps when traveling at high speed...but that just adds to the spectacular fun that can be had with these scale models

#5 ·
Both the Savage XS and the Mini E-Revo will set you back more than $300 each

#8 ·
Highly recommend a slash 2wd, they do handle a lot of bashing around. Can't say much for the 1/16 as I have the 1/10th. One thing to keep in mind is that no matter how tough they are, some things will still break and you need to factor that into your budget .perhaps look at getting something second hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.