Australian RC Forums banner

Motor/ESC combo advice

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  seantaunt 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I'm changing my HB D8T from nitro to electric. I've already bought the Tekno RC conversion kit. I am after advice for the best Motor/ESC to put in it. I'll be running 4S lipos.
I have been looking at the Castle Combo 2200kv but would also look at something else.
The car will just be a basher so plenty of power is needed but I'm not into massive speed runs.
Any advice is appreciated.
Cheers.

#2 ·
Castle 2200 is the motor I would pick but I would go a hobbywing quicrun 150a, they are new but also water resistant, im not sure how reliable the new mamba monster is though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Hey mate, you should post some pics of the conversion.

I'm into the Tekin gear, personally I'd look at the RX8 or even the gen2 RX8. As a combo with the T8 motor in my Durango DNX408 EP conversion it absolutely flies and running temps are right down. I've had no issues with it at all and would at least recommended that you look into it.

I didn't actually realise hobbywing released a new 150a so I might go check that out myself.

Best of luck with your choice mate.

#4 ·
I have had good results with the Castle combo in 1/8 scale, as well as the Hobbywing v1 and v2, the WP version is the newest one but haven't had any good reports about it yet

One of the units I had was running the Castle motor with HW V1 ESC, it was very smooth, powerful and reliable set up

#6 ·
I like the 2050 in the Tekin range...good combination of speed and torque....I have heard others that prefer the 1900, suggesting it is a little more suited to buggies

#7 ·
this is what i used on the hong nor 1/8
turnigy trackstar waterproof 1/8 brushless 2300kv/120A running 4s 5000mah lipo
goes faster than the nitro ever did

#8 ·
I love in Karratha and running temps are an issue mate. Don't go tekin the run a bit hotter. Buy a TORK motor off eBay and a Turnigy/Hobbywing esc from Hobbyking and that's the best bashing combo for dealing with heat. The TORK motor is a castle 1515 with heatsink/cooling fins it's what I run in my Losi 8ight and it's great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.