Australian RC Forums banner

YIKONG 1/8TH BRUSHLESS TRUGGY help please

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  seantaunt 
#1 ·
ok so ive been offered this YIKONG 1/8TH BRUSHLESS TRUGGY with battery and radio everything ready to run for $200 is this a good price for it ,
it is brushless and is running a 7.2v nimh battery ,
i was wndering if i can use or how to use my 11.1v lipos which i have on my other 2 cars as they are mental with the lipos , thanks on advance

#2 ·
Hey mate, just had a bit of a look around and it appears these are similar to HSP or himoto. I'd check that it's actually 1/8 though because as far as I can tell they only do the truggy in a 1/18 and 1/10. There's a bloke selling one on eBay at the moment and it's advertised as 1/8 but the the box clearly has YK-E10t on the side so it's definitely 1/10. I could be wrong though

As far as 3s goes, I believe it has a 3650kv motor so is suggest gearing it down but that's if the 3s lipo fits in the battery tray. If it does then I'd consider swapping out the diff gears for steel ones if they aren't already because you'd strip them pretty quick.

I'd suggest doing a little research first, you might even be able to dig up a quality second-hand Losi, associated or similar brand truggy for around the same price without the headache of going through upgrading your truck bit by bit as all the weak points are found through running it on 3s

That's my thoughts anyway, but like I said, I could be wrong, it could be one tough truck and I'm completely underestimating it.

#3 ·
I am thinking the same....1/10 scale

If the motor is only 3650kv and as long as the ESC has the ability to accept 3s voltage, you might be able to use 3s with it, but check the specs for the ESC before doing it, and also that it has a lipo cut out to protect the battery

As suggested, you may want to adjust the gearing to suit 3s

All these Yikong and so on brands branded things are mass produced to a price, very little R&D goes into them, specs are sketchy to say the least, as such, the reliability factor is very low...parts may or may not be available....but you will likely find that some other model has a compatible part if you break things

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.