Australian RC Forums banner

Bad experience with HobbyKing online

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chickenman 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just thought I would share a bad experience with Hobbyking online.

I purchased a Turnigy Trooper with some lipos and other bits and pieces about a month ago. The item took a few weeks to arrive from the USA which is fine. I got the car out and plugged everything in with much anticipation for how this thing would go as I have never had anything with lipos in it before. The Truck started well then about 5 mins later it just died...I thought maybe the battery was flat already....so I left it and charged the battery again. When I went to use it a few days later it would not go! the steering and fanon the ESc would work fine but no throttle. I have another brushless car so I did some swapping of parts to try and diagnose the issue and it came down to the ESC! I contacted Hobbyking with there 24hr online chat and they said the same thing...they told me what to do in the way of proving it so I did and its now been nearly 10 days since the first email was sent I have still not heard a single communication from hobbyking! I have sent a number of emails asking what is the status of my warranty claim but still no response!
I now have a 1/10 trooper that does not go and to top it off my other Car is dead aswell...
As far as I am concerned Hobbyking is a 2 bit pile of crap organization I will be keeping my money in Australia from now on.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry your experience hasn't been a better one, keep at them, but bear in mind....there is nothing more you can do to force them to help you as Buyer Protection from any Govt agency have no jurisdiction outside of Aust

#3 ·
Yeh it does suck, I did a heap of research before committing to buy from them, I found so many happy customers including some close friends of mine but I seem to have got the run around. At least the rest of the trooper is ok...I will just have to pony up the cash and buy a new ESC.

#4 ·
I have only recently started buying from them, only had one issue but that was resolved very quickly.

Did you notice any smoke from the vehicle at all? What was the C-rating of the battery you were using?

As for buyer protection etc - if you paid with paypal you do have some options through the resolution center.

Good luck :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.