Australian RC Forums banner

Help pls. 11.1 Lipo 80A esc with a 3300KV motor will it work?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rcMatt 
#1 ·
First I should say hi to all. This is my first post on this forum, so please forgive if this question has already been answered, I could not find it.

I purchased a HSP top pro 1/10 truck from an Aussie internet supplier. It came with an 11.1v Lipo, a 75 amp ESC and a 3300KV motor. First time we used it, it stopped after a few minutes of use. I let the ESC cool and off it went again. So I stopped using it and fitted a cooling fan to the ESC. Started using it again and suddenly its top speed reduced dramatically, swapped to a fresh battery same problem. Checked the output of the ESC with a meter and found no output between two of the phases. After reading the spare parts list that came with the Truck I found that the Top Pro 11.1v runs a 80amp fan cooled ESC and a 2724KV motor. I sent the burnt out 75 amp ESC back to supplier and they sent back the 80amp.
Now my problem is that the supplier tells me that the 3300KV motor will work with the 11.1v Lipo and not burn out the 80amp ESC. The paperwork that came with the Truck indicates I should use the 2724KV motor. Can I safely run the 3300KV motor @ 11.1v.

#2 ·
that kv is fine on 11.1v

sounds like u got a better esc out of it

best thing to do would be get a temp gun and keep an eye on temps, might have to gear down accordingly to get a fully battery use out of it and not have it cutting out for overheating

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.