Australian RC Forums banner

interupted. told to scan for detected virus. help please.

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
keep getting interupted by http/lovelinks.us asking me to run a scan todetect a virus the pop up or whatever it is claims i have? after a moment it redirects me? this has only occured while browsing ausrc and aint happening anywhere else. its anoying me while i try to make use of whats availible here. any ideas whats going on? its irritating me and when it happens its making my browsing impossible!

#2 ·
Id first try delteing you browser history, cache, passwords etc. I havnt had popups and redirects affect me for years. I run avg internet security, not sure if that's why?

One thing I have noticed is since the site was sold, the adds that pop up are relevant to your browser history.

#4 ·
Do you run a pop up blocker like AddBlock plus? They help a lot, I've never had a non relevant pop up (pm's and notifications only) so if your not install one of them

Sent from my LG-P705 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I assume you are experiencing this issue while browsing the forum on your mobile device browser?

If so we have confirmed with Google that this issue is Internet wide.

Many sites are finding that mobile users are being redirected to their platforms app store.

If you would like to find out more information about the issue or find out what sites are affected please read this article here.

What are we doing?

In the meantime we have disabled the online gaming category in Google Ad Sense (adsense +adx)
We have blocked mobogenies.com URL from being allowed as an ad on the forum
We have disabled play.google.com from being allowed on the forum.

This means that even if the redirect happens it will not lead anywhere since those ads are being blocked.

If this does continue to happen please provide a screen shot where the URL is visible, this will help us target what else needs to be removed.

Thank you

MD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.