Australian RC Forums banner

show us your truggy

20K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  Helpme985 
#1 ·
everyone with a truggy, electric or nitro post picks of your truggy in here.
i couldent find a thread like this so i thought i would start one.

here is mine: hong nor crt

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
That body looks great , is it a j-concepts slipstream body? Nice wheels too, did you trim down the badlands or do they just stretch out on large rims? Mine are shaped like motocross tires, great for extra suspension and looks, bad for grip and suspension bottoming out early.
I'm gonna go take a picture of mine, just put a new body on it.

It looks a bit ratty with the unpainted body, I want it painted because it looks nice but I'm too lazy and I know I'll do a terrible job. I also like being able to pick it up and see whats going on. The only reason I've got this body too is because it fits the motor properly, I don't care much for the Humvee style of the body.

I tried to take clear photo's but phone camera sucks.

Attachments

#4 ·
That body looks great , is it a j-concepts slipstream body? Nice wheels too, did you trim down the badlands or do they just stretch out on large rims? Mine are shaped like motocross tires, great for extra suspension and looks, bad for grip and suspension bottoming out early.

It looks a bit ratty with the unpainted body, I want it painted because it looks nice but I'm too lazy and I know I'll do a terrible job. I also like being able to pick it up and see whats going on. The only reason I've got this body too is because it fits the motor properly, I don't care much for the Humvee style of the body.
it looks bad ass with a clear body on it buddy

#3 ·
That body looks great , Is a j-concepts slipstream body? Nice wheels too, did you trim down the badlands or do they just stretch out on large rims? Mine are shaped like motocross tires, great for extra suspension and looks, bad for grip and suspension bottoming out early.
I'll put a picture of the old body since its convenient.
View attachment 43282
haha cool man,

naa these are pre glued badlands so i have done nothing to them.
i think they are 3.2's.
and my body is a proline bulldog with a custom painted rockstar theme.

cheers aaron

#7 ·
I'll get in on some of this truggy action. My pics are on the forum in various places but I'll post them here too.

My original e-truggy

Same with a new body

And some action shots

#8 ·
And my nitro truggy

Before*

And after :D

Its hard to say which I like best, the electric is easy to have fun with, but the nitro handles so much better.

#11 ·
Thanks dude.
I forgot to say what they were, they're Team Associated RC8T's. I got the nitro one second hand pretty cheap on gumtree and then did it up.
Keep an eye out and you should find something good.
Cheers

#21 ·
I used to like the shape of the bodies on the 2.0...now I like the body on the 3.0 even better. If nothing else Losi knows how to make their cars look good :) (although I think it's about time they came up with a different paint scheme from flames and chequers)

#22 ·
I'm hearing ya Dave , the **** thing is that the 3.0 will always come with a body pre cut for nitro ,
Apparently losi don't have any aspirations in making an E body ,
All 2.0 body's fit the 3.0 so I'm looking into maybe a jconcepts punisher
And yeah it's getting old but I still kinda like the scheme
Can any one reccomended some good uncut truggy bodies?

#23 ·
I thought you could buy them uncut as well. That sucks if you can't.
I personally prefer the proline bulldog bodies, but the jconcepts is good too (I mainly don't like the jconcepts on my rc8t cos they're so wide, the losi one is a lot narrower), there is also FTW bodies who make a body for the Losi.

I think I just get sick of paint jobs pretty quickly, I start not to like my own after a few weeks, lol. It kind of annoys me that all the team drivers run the same paint job forever. Like the rc8t paint scheme of Ryan maifield, I'm not a big fan of it anyway, always much preferred cavalieris paint scheme, but they've both had that same scheme for almost 10 years or something

#28 ·
Looks awesome man.
I'm sure I've asked before what paints and masking do you use for your paint jobs? They always look so pro.

#29 ·
Hey Dave, thanks mate, i have successfully used liquid mask in the past ,with the ps tamiya spray cans ,
This body was with the blue 3m masking tape with tamiya spray cans ,
The 3m tape is only one I have found that doesn't react with the paint leaving sticky residue

#30 ·
Ok, I've got some of that tape. I'm thinking for my next body using a combination of liquid mask (or I should say pva glue, lol) and tape. I'll use the glue for the large parts then remove it and stick down tape to cut out finer details I think. The main problem I have had with tape in the past is getting it to stick down properly in corners and thus ending up with crappy bleeding.
Hopefully that will work for me. Otherwise I'll have to stop being a tight arse and buy some proper liquid mask, lol.

#32 ·
It works well (although I've had mixed results), but can be hard to cut if put on too thick, and then if you don't put it thick enough it is very hard to peel off.
The thing I do like about it though is that even if it peels up a bit when you pull away another bit, you can just stick it back down and it works perfectly. I've just found sometimes tape doesn't like to re-stick. But I haven't used the good blue stuff yet, I don't think, so that might be different.

I might have to give tape another chance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.