Australian RC Forums banner

Question about Yankee rc

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  crisis time 
#1 · (Edited)
G'day
I bought the remains of an old 1/5 or 1/4 scale on road car that I think is an old Yankee with an f7 22cc motor that also bears the name of Zenoah komatsu red max EDG2300
My question is does anybody know of anywhere to get info on identifying this car as it looks like a good candidate for a rebuild/restore also anywhere to buy parts.
I will post up some pics of it later after I have cleaned some of the gunk off it.
I found this link http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/yankee/yankee.htm but does not show detail on the various chassis.

thanks in advance Ian

#2 ·
Is this the Nascar styled Onroad?

I have a New Era 1/4 scale Nascar with a 23cc Zenoah in it, unfinished project but parts are not overly easy to obtain, it looks like most will need to be custom made.

Is yours belt, chain or gear driven

#3 ·
Its chain driven Towie
Looks like a lot of the supports and brackets have been replaced by home made bits over the years.
They are the bits I would like to replace or improve on. Also got a box of spares including a spare engine the chassis is a massive slab of carbon fiber

#6 ·
Most of these pics aren't to detailed but they will give you an idea of how the New Era is set up, chassis is all bar work, open underneath, everything is imperial bolted (which will be getting the flick) I will be running metric as I machine up new fittings and parts

Hope these help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.