Keen to meet fellow hobbyists/rc enthusiats,etv. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just spent 20 minutes writing a lengthy reply, only to find that I've been logged out for no apparent reason and my reply has been lost.

Anyway, i don't have much preference as ive only been to km reedy reserve and lysterfield lake park, so eltham would be fine.
    new years day is fine too.

Also for anyone thats interested:
    I know a great spot, and by great i mean "heaven", the place is wonthaggi motorcross track. It has power, toilets, shade etc, a large motocross track and a great x-treme area. I know all the club people very well so i could get people in there for very little cost, i'm yet to probe out whether it would be ok though, but i'm sure it would be fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Sorry lads can't do NYD as I'm working. I'm hoping to get something at hampton in the next couple of weeks, have fun on Wednesday though
    Challenge Accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethesnake View Post
    Just spent 20 minutes writing a lengthy reply, only to find that I've been logged out for no apparent reason and my reply has been lost.

Anyway, i don't have much preference as ive only been to km reedy reserve and lysterfield lake park, so eltham would be fine.
    new years day is fine too.

Also for anyone thats interested:
    I know a great spot, and by great i mean "heaven", the place is wonthaggi motorcross track. It has power, toilets, shade etc, a large motocross track and a great x-treme area. I know all the club people very well so i could get people in there for very little cost, i'm yet to probe out whether it would be ok though, but i'm sure it would be fine.
    That's a bummer mate, you can Select All and Copy before posting in future if this helps, it seems like you've had a few of these happen on this forum. How frustrating!

RE: Wonthaggi, I just had a look into it. You mean the Dandenong Junior Motor Cross Club, yeah? Looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman77 View Post
    Sorry lads can't do NYD as I'm working. I'm hoping to get something at hampton in the next couple of weeks, have fun on Wednesday though
    Hampton? I'm there. Will look out for your thread. Thanks for checking in, Sandman

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Its "Dandenong Motorcycle Club", and it is very good indeed. I've been there many times for motorbike races, and I know the entire place very well.
    There's a family living there atm that keep watch over the place, so I'd need to check with them before running any nitro's, but they're used to 100+ bikes roaring around so its should be ok....
    I haven't asked anyone about using the place for rc cars yet though, but I think i can safely assume it'll be fine.. I know the club president personally and my father is basically the "head honcho" of the entire club, and the club treasurer.
    I may have mentioned it too him before, but I'll ask him properly anyway so that i know whether it's possible before i get everyone excited about the prospect.
    I haven't been there with my rc car yet, my brother has however, and he basically confirmed its awesome for rc cars.
    It even has dams for boats, and space for planes etc.
    Camping is possible and there's shower/hot water too.
    I cant believe I didn't get onto this sooner.

Edit: Looked it up on google maps and its called "Dandenong Junior Motor Cross Club" Don't know why, there's no such thing.
    Google map picture has accurate track layout, but many other things have changed since pic was taken.
    I thought I had ground pictures I'd taken myself, but i can't find anything.
    Last edited by Jakethesnake; 30-12-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Good stuff, Jake. Looking forward to hearing more there

On Wednesday, I'd be able to get there about 1/1.30pm I think. With family commitments in the evening, I'd need to leave in time to be home around 5pm, so from KM Reedy that'd mean finishing up a little after 4pm. If we go somewhere closer to my end of town, I could stay longer - there's always Sycamore Reserve in Mill Park, too.

If anyone has other ideas, let me know!

I've heard good things about sycamore reserve and it looks very suitable for rc cars from some youtube videos I've seen.
    KM reedy reserve has massive jumps and berms, but its fairly narrow, the jumps are all flogged out, berms are a bit rough and there's lots of holes and dips, etc.
    I'd prefer sycamore reserve, but its alot further away.

Just found another place, its Park Orchards BMX track. It's closer too me, and looks as good as sycamore reserve, and Im fairly sure....
    Just checked to see if if rc cars are allowed are they are specifically not allowed. At all. There's a even a big proper sign.
    Oh well I'll keep looking.

I've been to sycamore, it's alright. I like my Eltham spot too, but there are no jumps. It's interesting terrain though.

Syc is a winner for me, else KM or wherever you want. The closer to me, the more time I have for bashing! I'm on a limited schedule, as always. Cheers.

Sycamore it is then.
    Ill keep looking for places though, might find something even better.

Cool, I'm open to other spots too. Syc for now at say, 1.30pm? That'll give plenty of time for bashing. I'll have my car fridge for drinks if you want to use it too.

Just had an opportunistic pre-bash bash here in Eltham when I saw a few blokes with their trucks and buggies as I drove past. I've got my truck ready for tomorrow now and we may even see a couple more folks join us

My brother and I will be there regardless of weather. See you 1.30pm at Sycamore Reserve

Lousy weather today but we had a good one. Thanks for the bash Jake! I'll organise something there with more lead time and organisation in the next month or two. Cheers

It stopped raining right after you left, and it dried out enough to be worth driving on.
    I only got in about 6 minutes of driving before I broke something, but it was very fun.
    I finally got to test my stiffer suspension set up properly, and it works great!
    The bmx track there is awesome.
    Can't wait to do it again.

Wet, dry, we had a good time anyway! It was a real hoot watching your little 1/16 scale RWD take those massive jumps, seriously See you next time!

R/C Apprentice
    Damn I missed out! Was away in Echuca camping for new years.

Been a tad busy attempting to build a LOSI 2.0 Pro buggy to race at MORRCC this weekend

Damn email account not syncing... I would have come, but im waiting for the funds to replace the brushless system in my slash 4x4
    Cars:
    HPI Baja 5b 31.5cc, Traxxas slash 4x4 vxl
    Radio gear:
    Futaba 4PKS, Spectrum DX3R

That's a bugger, but there's always next time.

Edit: Weather looks nice and cool for this weekend, anyone interested? Ill put this up on the vic bash thread too.
    The location will be sycamore reserve at this point.
    Last edited by Jakethesnake; 12-01-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    Who needs steering when you can just bounce off things to change direction.

My sc8 WP just arrived in the mail... Im ready to break some more parts now XD

Where is everyone based? Sycamore res is almost an hour out for me (South eastern burbs)
    Cars:
    HPI Baja 5b 31.5cc, Traxxas slash 4x4 vxl
    Radio gear:
    Futaba 4PKS, Spectrum DX3R

I'm in the south east, which is obvious unless you don't know where berwick is, hence why I said it.
    I'm guessing you've been to km reedy reserve then too.
    Nice place, but nothing compared to sycamore reserve.
    The 15 min drive compared to an hour and a bit makes it appealing though.
    Who needs steering when you can just bounce off things to change direction.

I'll be ready for a Syc Res run in about a month and my time is always quite limited. If you guys want to save your time and fuel for a bigger get together, I'll organise something in Feb. Sandman was talking about doing the same, too - one of us will get something going. Could always bash locally down south in the meantime!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12