Australian RC Forums banner

New Engine

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  shane34 
#1 ·
Gday everyone im waiting on a new engine im gunna put in my LST2 to replace the Mach 427 its a LRP ZR.32 SPEC 2 and i was just wondering what fuel i should use for and after break in also what glow plugs should i use? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated... Cheers!

#4 · (Edited)
NEO+ & Nitro X are both top fuels & Australian made which is good because they are fresher than imported fuels.
Don't worry about using a break in fuel, its not needed, use the fuel you plan to run in the engine full time, new engines are set rich from factory & with top quality fuels your engine will have all the lubrication it needs.
Hot plugs are better for running an engine in as they make it a little easier to keep the engine going & easier to tune.
After run is is complete & engine tuned with a hot plug then you can switch to a medium & retune.
Hot plugs will give a slightly bigger tuning window, making tuning slightly easier, but they cause the engine to produce slightly less power, probably not very noticeable though on some engines, Medium plugs will help produce slightly more power but the tuning window is smaller.

#6 ·
I use O.S plugs but my engine takes turbo plugs, not sure about the 427 & LRP32, I guess they would be standard plugs.
If so then the O.S No.6 hot, No.7 med/hot & No.8 med, plugs would all be worth a try, also, cooler plugs are normally more for onroad & med to hot for offroad, well thats going by the O.S glow plug chart anyway. All plugs from different manufacture's have different heat ranges, a medium O.S can have a different heat to a medium Nova or Dynamite so it can be hard to say what plug is best so its a matter of testing but the O.S plugs are pretty good & reliable. I use an O.S P4 turbo plug, they are classed as super hot, but from what I understand the O.S plugs are slightly cooler than others of the same heat range. A hot O.S is cooler than a hot Nova. The #6 Nova is a medium plug & the O.S P5 is very hot but they are the plugs recommended for my engine so would be a similar heat, so it shows the difference between the two manufacture's, others would also be similar.
Maybe try an O.S No.6 hot for run in & see how that goes, well thats if your engine takes standard plug, if it takes turbo plugs then try the O.S P4. I would stay away from the P3 ultra hot as the element is very thin & may be more prone to damage, they are still a good plug though.

This is only my opinion from alot of things I have read but using the O.S plugs is a good choice because they are a top quality very reliable plug.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info m8. Ill be trying the OS 6. I think I have used the OS plugs before in the Mach I think it was the No 8 from memory that I used and yes they are a good plug. Better than the Dynamite range I think... Thanks again ozziii

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.