Australian RC Forums banner

New Bodies :D

8K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  schmarkoDave 
#1 · (Edited)
Cant wait to check out the twins in the sunlight!!

Painted with Mirror chrome and green/gold chameleon and black

Really Really happy with how they turned out! (It's about time I found some paint that actually does what I expected, lol)

a night time vid cause pics weren't cutting it for me :p
Bring on the sun I say!!!

See less See more
1 2
#2 ·
They look nice. Spazstix paint?
I need to get myself an air compressor and dig my airbrush out.

#6 ·
Wow, the chrome looks great. I've been tossing around the idea of using chrome paint on a body shell but wasn't sure how it would turn out.
You have just alleviated any concerns I had. Great work!

#7 · (Edited)
Haha thanks PC
I have to admit I was pretty sceptical about these paints actually working.
If you want chrome I cannot recommend Spaztix's mirror chrome enough!! Everything else I have used is silver :/

I.M.O Both bodies look pretty busy with everything that's going on with the paint, I guessed (correctly?) a simple design would work best.
Which one looks better in day light?

Daylight video

:cool:

#18 ·
I like the one that is mainly chrome with the yellow/green flash on it, reckon it looks the best of the two. Just my opinion though :D
I've seen quite a few 1:1 cars painted with a chrome look paint, house of kolor do a really nice mirror chrome and a black chrome too...exspensive though. A few others do it too, I know chip foose has done a few cars with chrome paint.

You didn't go with orange rob? I wonder why :p wait till you see the pink/white/black/silver creation I have in mind for my sakura, lol.

#10 ·
Nice work. Love the chrome look on RCs. I use to use alclad "chrome for lexan" Found it pretty good but had to put it down thin, even and not build it up to much or it would turn out silver. Turns out fairly close to chrome, This is (the only) shell I still have left with any on it.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Car Vehicle

#11 ·
Thanks guys!

Truck, will have to keep that in mind if I get some Alclad paints.. Probably next round :D

Spaztix was pretty consistant without trying to hard.
It has a nice spray quality and good coverage, I didn't even back it with black (which I thought I was going to have to do)

#12 ·
I found it sometimes better not to black it. It shows up any mottle in the chrome and can make it look blotchy. It does make the chrome look more like the black chrome you can get.

#13 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Toy
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Toy Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Yellow

Also doing a pigeon pair of WRX TC bodies, one for the SSF car and one for the Mod Car, those will also be in the yellow and chrome tamiya rattle cans. But after seeing those spastiks paints in the above TC bodies, i would not mind using those instead of the dead looking tamiya paints.

#19 ·
Mine do not look as great as yours Lepto, but here is the finished product.
They look good! I'm thinking that chrome sorta blends in with the bright yellow? Maybe a black border stripe woulda helped it pop?

How do you fit a car underneath that pan body?? lol where is the Lipo??

I like the one that is mainly chrome with the yellow/green flash on it, reckon it looks the best of the two. Just my opinion though :D
I've seen quite a few 1:1 cars painted with a chrome look paint, house of kolor do a really nice mirror chrome and a black chrome too...exspensive though. A few others do it too, I know chip foose has done a few cars with chrome paint.

You didn't go with orange rob? I wonder why :p wait till you see the pink/white/black/silver creation I have in mind for my sakura, lol.
I think everyone likes the Silver body :D

Don't think I will ever be able to afford the 4 odd litres a 1:1 would require... Lol having enough trouble buying 100ml here and there ;)

I'm thinking about selling one or both of these to see if I can fund another couple of bodies to paint up... I have ideas in my head that are itching to get out, lol

#23 ·
I haven't used the chrome hologram from Spaztiks, but I did try their clear hologram out a couple of years back, was pretty happy with the result

#27 · (Edited)
Here is my latest attempt :) I can confirm it looks a lot better from a distance than it does up close, lol. I may have to do a bit more trimming, as I left a bit hanging off the back to hold on to, but now its painted I kinda think it looks cool. Will depend on whether anyone tells me I have to remove it I guess.
Paints were spray cans, a mixture of Tamiya and a few others. Its pink to match the pink of the sakura.

#30 ·
Thanks guys.
I really wanna get myself a compressor and start trying some airbrushing. I love the look of those spazstix paints :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.