Australian RC Forums banner

Oh joy, another YouTube enthusiast

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Captain Chaos 
#1 ·
Ok,

As with most I assume, I watched a guy flying a helicopter with glasses and went, I WANT! Then I jumped on youtube and my wallet started to scream. Then I hit google, and I started to scream.

I've decided to hold off on jumping both feet into a quadcopter until I get some serious time flying heli's so I will be getting my hands on a copy of the phoenix-sim software.

My question is, what controller should I get to use with it bearing in mind that I don't have a copter as of yet, I want to get into quadcopter FPV and I have no interest in building one so I don't have much interest in the Tricopter home build.

Which ever controller I get I'd like to have compatabile with whatever heli (nudge nudge wink wink) I eventually get.

Thoughts?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum

Phoenix comes in a package with a Spektrum DX6i which is a good controller and will cover a lot of the Helis you are likely to begin with and even further into the intermediate ranges.

You could also buy the program and Dongle on their own and pick up a DX7 or 8 giving you even greater scope....IMO the 6i is a good starting point and you are unlikely to need anything bigger for at least the first 12 months, so no point investing larger amounts of cash until you decide whether you are into it for the long term or if it is a passing phase.

#3 ·
Ah right, thanks for that I didn't realise that the software came with the controller as well that makes it even better.

What would you recommend I should look at in terms of an actual helicopter? I want to fly a quadcopter and attach cameras yadda yadda should I go straight into quads or start of with a standard heli?

#4 ·
Quads are easier to fly for me but I've only flown one so far but have flown a couple of heli's

Tapatalk was used to send this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.