DJI Phantom flyaway - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Awesome matt, I was curious if u could chuck a spektrum in and still have all the features of the phantom

I thought u was building a quad? What made u also get a phantom

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
    Associated Rival / Associated SC8.2E / Traxxas E-Maxx / Traxxas E-Revo / Thunder Tiger Mt4 G3 / Thunder Tiger ST4 G3 / HPI Savage Flux / Hpi Savage Xs / Traxxas Rustler VXL / Tamiya Gold TA05 VDF Drifter / Axial Exo Terra Buggy

Futaba 3PM - X (X2)

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God
    Where did you get yours?

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
    1 x HPI Baja - 3 x HPI Blitz - 2 x HPI E10
    2 x AE SC18 -1 x Traxxas Ken Block Rally
    1 x Losi 1/24 SCT - 1 x Tamiya VDF Gold
    1 x build in progress Losi 5ive - MGM, Lehner 3080
    1 x HPI EBaja - Castle Cremations

Senior Moderator little_drifter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godles View Post
    Where did you get yours?

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
    Diamonds camera store in adelaide. They r a authorised seller I found through the DJI website. $699

Phantom is so easy to fly compared to the quad I built. In gps mode it just hovers by itself and you can take both hands off transmitter! Thats why I bought it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIR:
    DJI Phantom - Spektrum DX9 Mode 2, Hobbyking Bixler v1.1

5. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by little_drifter View Post
    Aparently they are 2.4g and good for 300 metres, which is not very far at all.

I bought a Phantom today and a Spektrum DX9. I have flown the phantom a couple of times today around the house, but tomorrow if I get the time I am going to install the spektrum radio and rx in the phantom and no longer use the stock tx and rx
    Make sure you go into the Naza assistant software and change the mode from DBUS to PWM (Think that's right) then map your channels and all should be good. The stock radio gear is crap, first thing I did with my phantom was to remove it and use a Futaba R7008SB. Originally I had to use it on PWM but a recent firmware release has made the Naza compatible with SBUS so now I'm running that. I use the Futaba 18MZ which is overkill for the Phantom but it enables me to have telemetry and logging which in the event of a flyaway gives me an indication that I didn't screw up.

On another note, whilst the Phantom can support the H3 gimbal I don't recommend it if doing any sort of sport flying. The forces send the gimbal into safety hibernation mode cause it can't handle the loads so shuts down. I swapped the mainboard of the Phantom to the one with built in GCU and bolted a H3 to it. Quality is outstanding with virtually no vibration, with a 200mw 5.8Ghz VTX I'm still getting 8-9 mins of flight time. Works great for gentle flying but next to useless if you're a bit aggressive on the sticks.

Thanks crusty. Scozz has been a massive help to me sine he has one and uses a dx7s.

I have downloaded the lastest software and version for naza.

Do u have throttle stick setup like dji transmitter or normal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIR:

Normal, I think the spring loaded throttle is a bad idea. My original DJI TX is normal as well but I know on the newer models are spring loaded.

I've set my sticks up as spring loaded 'cause it's how the stock tx was configured and I'm used to it. On the DX7s I originally had the throttle stick normal but found it didn't climb until I went over half way, and then I had trouble keeping hover while on the yaw.
    Land: 1/5 Baja 5b 2.0, 1/8 GV Cage, 1/8 HPI Trophy 3.5 & 1/10 GV BV1, Turnigy Trooper SCT 4x4, 1/8 Trophy Flux
    Air: 2 x E-Sky Belt-CP, E-Sky Big Lama & Parrot AR Drone 2, DJI Phantom, DJI Flamewheel F550

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    Make sure you go into the Naza assistant software and change the mode from DBUS to PWM (Think that's right) then map your channels and all should be good. The stock radio gear is crap, first thing I did with my phantom was to remove it and use a Futaba R7008SB. Originally I had to use it on PWM but a recent firmware release has made the Naza compatible with SBUS so now I'm running that. I use the Futaba 18MZ which is overkill for the Phantom but it enables me to have telemetry and logging which in the event of a flyaway gives me an indication that I didn't screw up.
    With the Spektrum AR8000, I've set it to 'traditional' and wired the individual channels.
    Land: 1/5 Baja 5b 2.0, 1/8 GV Cage, 1/8 HPI Trophy 3.5 & 1/10 GV BV1, Turnigy Trooper SCT 4x4, 1/8 Trophy Flux
    Air: 2 x E-Sky Belt-CP, E-Sky Big Lama & Parrot AR Drone 2, DJI Phantom, DJI Flamewheel F550

If I go home early ill get the dx9 and receiver setup. I want to get the spektrum system in befor I fly to far away with it.

AIR:

Still no response.......

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    RC8.2e /SC10.2 FT /SC10 FT /SC10 4x4 FT /SC8e / RC8Be /SC18
    Summit /Slash 4x4 /Pro2 Buggy /HPI Sprint Flux /HB D-413 /MERV VXL /Savage XS Flux /XSTR-Pro /BearHawk
    IronMan T1000 Octo /Q450 Pixhawk & Naza /DJI Phantom /Micro P-51 & Spitfire /MSRx /MCPx / MQX /Nano QX /Q250 /AlienWii Quads /Bixler

I don't think your going to get one....

AIR:

Time will tell.....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Summit /Slash 4x4 /Pro2 Buggy /HPI Sprint Flux /HB D-413 /MERV VXL /Savage XS Flux /XSTR-Pro /BearHawk
    IronMan T1000 Octo /Q450 Pixhawk & Naza /DJI Phantom /Micro P-51 & Spitfire /MSRx /MCPx / MQX /Nano QX /Q250 /AlienWii Quads /Bixler

Banned
    Me and my brother have one each, his did the same thing and dji didn't replace any thing for him, it was 2 weeks old, dji tec just blamed him.
    I have the 1.2.1 model he had 1.0.0 model. I've upgraded my motors to T motors installed a gimbal and never had a problem just poor battery life. Upgraded motors with stock battery gets 15 mins fly time with a go pro hero 3 plus camera compared to 7 mins with the upgraded battery ????. I found wooded props are a battery saver and preform better than carbon fiber or plastic props
    My advise is buy the new phantom vision 2. 25 mins fight time. And DJI have upgraded the warrenty as well, the price is nearly the same as a normal phantom plus gimbal and go pro camera, the phantom vision 2 is $1300 I have spent $2000.
    But to answer your question NO DJI will not replace nothing in this case as they will blame you.
    I must be charmed with over 100 flights over water the sydney harbour bridge and other famous land marks and never crashed or have had a problem.

I meant to respond to this post some time ago, however have recently relocated interstate, had a new job etc etc, so have been flat out.

Thanks to Metro Hobbies, the Phantom was replaced. They spent a huge amount of effort following up with DJI, who came back with a partial replacement offer, and Metro Hobbies came up with the rest.

At no point did Metro sway from owning the outcome, and I am very grateful as to their consideration given the circumstances.

Ridiculously, DJI told them that because there was no evidence (e.g - the actual Phantom itself) to check for malfunctions, they were not able to accept full responsibility for providing a faulty product. Given the fact that (a) It flew away and (b) it was submerged under salt water whilst connected to a near fully charged LiPo, I am not sure what their evidence would have found.

Even had we have been able to find it, I cannot understand how they would expect to be able to ascertain the initial point of failure.

As to all the other unfortunate consumers that have had fly aways and have never located the Phantom, they in my opinion have every right to pursue against DJI...

Regardless, Metro Hobbies have great staff, and whilst I am sure it was a painful process, have made me a very grateful customer. I can't say thanks enough....

Banned
    Wow you lucked out brother, my brother is still fighting with DJI over this. Nice work and glad you stuck to your guns

R/C Newbie
    Hi, I too experienced a DJI flyaway. I took the matter up with consumer affairs and was awarded a full refund by the NCAT (National Civil and Administrative Tribunal). Although the retailer has appealed the decision I am confident that the judgement will stand. I refer you to my new post and am prepared to assist with case notes and advice. Jonathan Barton Wollongong NSW.

R/C Newbie

warrenty

https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-car...cements-crash/

What does DJI warranty cover?
    Under the limited warranty, DJI guarantees that the products you purchased
    from there are free of defects due to the manufacturing process and the materials that were used. ... Any repair or replacement service will come at no cost as long the problem falls within
    the scope of the limited warranty.Jul 30, 2018

Does DJI care cover crashes?

DJI Care Refresh is an accidental damage service plan. Repairing your drone after a crash can be costly and time-consuming, and standard DJI product warranties don't cover accidental damage. Refresh does cover accidental damage, and you can avoid repairs altogether

Hope this help a little

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123